Brewer Fanatic

New Website- Brewers Blog with posts daily

Also, I am interested in what you guys are looking for in a blog. I understand now that you are not looking for something that just states what others have already said. My favorite writer is Joe Posnanski, who writes for the Royals. I would like to model a Brewers' blog that is similar to that in some way.

New and interesting opinions, crazy yet well-thought-out ideas and propositions, and not being afraid to get off-topic on occasion. So basically, something a lot like Joe Posnanski's blog!

Thanks for all of the opinions. I am going to go run the blog with what you guys are asking for. I will use much of the information that was presented on here and post different things than what you are able to find yourself. I would like to mention major Brewers front office news as well. I will not stop at reporting what I hear, but interpret what I read and form new ideas that are not presented in the earlier article. Thanks for all of your help everyone. Journalism is a difficult field to get going in and I think something like this will really improve my chances.

Do you have authorization for the avatar you use...... . .are you in danger of using someone else's work without paying for it?

I don't think there's a very big chance of avatars on a message board causing much of a stir. Brewers employees are here regularly, and they've seen their logos pop up a lot in that context. Not only that, they operate their own message board with team logos appearing in member avatars.

On the other hand, Brewerfan is very careful about copyrighted stuff appearing in the actual message board skin or on the main site. I think JimH5's advice in that regard is very relevant.

Luckily, in the world of the web, replacing a graphic isn't a lot of work, and it doesn't disrupt content.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Your blog is fine. Keep up the hard work. Time and experience will give you a voice and a style. Don't try to hard to write for a bunch of geeks like us - just write. The more you write, the better you'll get, the more you'll find out if that's what really makes you happy. At this point, I'd focus on the 'what am i interested in' angle. If you like what you're writing about, the passion and insigh will, hopefully, come out.

Mostly, just write, and have fun. Patience is so important for a writer. So enjoy what you're doing.

I don't consider everyone on here a bunch of geeks, I think you guys know whats going on. I wouldn't go on here if I didn't think you guys knew what you were talking about. I respect your opinions more than anyone else. I am just worried that I will not keep any interest.

Archived