Brewer Fanatic

Why Your Stadium Sucks: Miller Park

TracyThom

http://deadspin.com/5322107/why-your-stadium-sucks-miller-park

I haven't seen this posted yet. If you are easily offended, don't read. Some of this is spot on accurate. Other parts of the story can be substituted with any stadium in the country. "You mean there are drunk people at a baseball game? Really?"

I am most disappointed in the job Deadspin did with Wrigley Field. It could have been much better.

I saw this a couple days ago and didn't think it was all that funny. I thought they'd at least comment about the stadium, all they do is have fans comment about fans at Miller Park. I thought it was a really cool idea for the series if they'd point out the negatives of each stadium, but it's basically just about the fans everywhere. I was really excited to read the Wrigley one as well and thought it could've been a lot better.

Once I saw the article was written by a Cub fan (my deduction since he said he was from Chicago, made a mention of all the Cub fans who go to the stadium, and talked about his trips up to Miller Park) I stopped reading. I don't really care about our rivals' subjectivity.

This is a feature they do on every /any stadium. I thought it was funny-ish, but the comments just kind of repeated the similar jokes.

Maybe if Miller Park didn't routinely score well on serious objective reviews, I would be more bothered. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I've started to sour on the whole negativity vibe coming from so many blogs.

Admittedly, I'm the same guy who complained about the Brewers having too many jersey types a couple of days ago. . .

But even just in the search for good comedy, it's tiresome to read the same worn out old grousing about stuff. The Big Lead, Awful Announcing, Deadspin, they all start to sound the same after awhile.

I didn't read the Miller Park one, as I haven't read the others. . .

I'm in search of happy. . .

I don't entirely disagree with huge chunks of it (no pun intended), but like most have said, I've seen obese and/or drunk and/or uneducated fans in pretty much every park, and MP didn't really stand out for me in any of those instances--except maybe drunks, and even then only in the bleachers on Opening Day.

I thought the point about Brewers fans talking trash about the Cubs all the time is pretty spot on. I attended 3 Brewers-Cubs games at Wrigley a couple weeks ago and encountered a total of one ****** Cubs fan trying to start something about the Brewers. Granted, the Cubs fans who come to Miller Park are (generally, but certainly not always) complete ******* in themselves, but there are many Brewers fans who act the same way back toward them. It's almost like some Brewers fans feel "alienated for life" by Cubs fans and want to just give everything back and then some.

Other than that, while it was obviously exaggerated, I thought it reflected some other accurate things that I have witnessed on numerous occasions. I actually enjoyed reading it.

Archived