Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-29 Nationals (Mock) at Milwaukee (Parra) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 7-5]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parra came back too quick... that is all.
Did you say that after his first two outings after he came back?
If you look I said it the day he was recalled actually.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Actually a trade for a pitcher is what Doug needs to do right now. there si still time, and he is right, one picther(if it's the right guy) can change the entire complexion of the staff.

Just make sure that pitcher is fine with getting very little run support most games and therefore very few wins. A better pitcher every 5th game doesn't help much when they can't score more than 3 runs most games.

Actually a trade for a pitcher is what Doug needs to do right now. there si still time, and he is right, one picther(if it's the right guy) can change the entire complexion of the staff.
How would bringing in 1 new pitcher help, when that would still mean... Looper, Suppan and Parra all have to pitch every 5th day?

Unless his name is Cy Young and we are going to throw him every other day, I respectfully disagree. It might get them back to mediocre, but there is no way this team competes with the Cards or Cubs.

Ok, so let me ask you all this....did bringing CC aboard last year not have a profound effect on the entire staff?? EVERYONE fed off of him and wanted to go out and throw their best every game. It was infectious. That lead to better starts from EVERYONE, not ot mention the lessor wear and tear it had on the bullpen. So to say one guy WON'T make a difference is bunk, it was proven last year that it did make a difference.

Ok, so let me ask you all this....did bringing CC aboard last year not have a profound effect on the entire staff?? EVERYONE fed off of him and wanted to go out and throw their best every game. It was infectious. That lead to better starts from EVERYONE, not ot mention the lessor wear and tear it had on the bullpen. So to say one guy WON'T make a difference is bunk, it was proven last year that it did make a difference.
Ben Sheets and Dave Bush probably have alot to do with it.

http://www.cineol.net/images/noticias/Cameos/Waterboy_2.jpg

to quote Rob Schneider in waterboy

"ahhhhh we suck again!!!!"

man this is bad, ha at least we have Gallardo tomorrow....bad news is if he gives up one or two runs that may be enough for him to take a lose with the run support he gets.

Have to wonder which of these guys won't be getting on the plane to San Diego tomorrow. Even with how things have gone lately, I can honestly say there are very few who I wouldn't miss as part of this team. Probably an overreaction, but all of this seems like the end of an era right now, just waiting for the first of the young core of the team to be traded away. So much promise, a minor brush with glory, and now a seeming crusher of an ending.

Maybe Doug will just hold tough until the off season and let this team play it out.

Not really an IGT-type post, but frankly it's one of the few thoughts this past week of games has consistently brought to mind while watching. Not strategy. Not excitement. Just resignation.

I'm upset about the players all sliding into the free-fall mode together and playing baseball that's so far below what they're capable of. Place all the blame on Doug Melvin if you'd like, but they're playing worse than anyone could've possibly expected. I'm not talking overall record here - I'm talking about this post-all-star-break period. Something else is going on that we're not seeing on the field - whether it's coaching, managing, clubhouse chemistry, etc. They're playing so far below their ceiling it's unbelievable. Don't the good coaches get the most out of their players?

I don't disagree that it wouldn't help. It would especially relieve the overworked bullpen. It's just they are so far behind the eight ball that one CC (who pitched way beyond even the rosiest of predictions) wouldn't even get them over the hump IMO. Even with CC last year, the staff still broke down. Bush was the only healthy starter other than CC by year's end.

Archived