Brewer Fanatic

Well its finally happened-Fielder really is the MVP

endaround

I noticed during the CWS-MIN broadcast last night that Justin Morneau leads the AL in HR & RBI. Fielder has a better RBI total, and iirc only trails Morneau by one HR.

However, I don't see any way Fielder would beat out the almight HR admirer & media darling. That's too bad, because Prince has been a strong MVP contender the whole season long imo.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

If STL makes the playoffs, even wild card, it is Pujols in a land slide. If we make the playoffs and they dont then it will be really close and Prince would have a chance. The team result is Prince's only hope, unfortunetly, but that is how MVP voting usually works with guys with close stats.

Let me add Prince has done a fine job at 1B this year. I don't know how much weight he lost in the offseason (20-30 lbs?) but he seems to run better and move much better around the bag. To me he no longer looks like a DH playing out of position. He could be adequate at 1B for several more seasons.

Archived