Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wed. 7/29 -- Sounds Win, Rattlers Fall in Early Action

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Wednesday's Menu:

Times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Nashville: LHP Chris Narveson at home vs. New Orleans (Marlins), 11:45 AM pre-game; 12:00 PM gametime

Live Audio Link

Huntsville: RHP's Donovan Hand and Brandon Kintzler in a doubleheader at Montgomery (Rays), 5:50 PM pre-game; 6:05 gametime; it's the Brewer organization debut for the former Padres farmhand and recent independent league signee; each contest slated for seven innings...

Live Audio Link

Brevard County: RHP Michael Bowman at Fort Myers (Twins), 6:05 PM gametime

Live Audio Link (Miracle's Feed)

Wisconsin: RHP R.J. Seidel at Fort Wayne (Padres), 9:50 AM pre-game; 10:05 gametime; LHP Efrain Nieves will also pitch in this game

Live Audio Link

Helena: TBD at home vs. Great Falls (White Sox), 7:50 PM pre-game; 8:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

Arizona Summer League: at home in Maryvale vs. the Cubs' brats; no more day games -- all games begin at 7:00 local time in the desert; no audio, naturally...

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles: at the DSL Rays (see this thread for some roster background) -- all games are 10:30 local time in the Dominican, and no need to ask about web audio; we usually won't see updated box scores until the overnight...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Follow Wednesday's action as it happens:

Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Tab or New Window". Choose "Recap". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often.

MiLB.com now has Gameday available for AA as well as AAA this season.

Nashville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_29_nozaaa_nasaaa_1

Huntsville Game One:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t559&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_29_hunaax_monaax_1

Huntsville Game Two:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t559&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_29_hunaax_monaax_2

Brevard County:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t503&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_29_breafa_ftmafa_1

Wisconsin:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2009_07_29_wisafx_ftwafx_1&did=t572&sid=t572

Helena:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2009_07_29_grfrok_helrok_1&did=t433&sid=t433

Arizona Rookie (Maryvale):

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_29_cubrok_brrrok_1

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_29_dobrok_ddrrok_1

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This link will be included in each daily report when the Nashville Sounds are scheduled to play. Normally it is updated a few hours prior to gametime.

Nashville Media Notes (Adobe .pdf format):

We're going to include the link to Kraig McNutt's Nashville blog in the same post as the Nashville media notes link going forward.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
 Pacific Coast League (AAA) - PCL American North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nashville 55 48 .534 - 30-21 25-27 L3 Memphis 53 50 .515 2.0 32-20 21-30 W1 Iowa 52 51 .505 3.0 30-20 22-31 L3 Omaha 42 60 .412 12.5 19-28 23-32 W1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Southern League (AA) - SOU North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chattanooga 17 15 .531 - 10-6 7-9 L1 West Tenn 16 16 .500 1.0 7-8 9-8 L7 Huntsville 14 17 .452 2.5 6-9 8-8 W2 Tennessee 14 17 .452 2.5 5-10 9-7 W1 Carolina 13 19 .406 4.0 6-11 7-8 W1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Florida State League (A+) - FSL North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tampa 20 9 .690 - 5-6 15-3 W4 Brevard County 19 10 .655 1.0 11-6 8-4 W1 Clearwater 16 14 .533 4.5 7-6 9-8 W3 Dunedin 16 15 .516 5.0 10-7 6-8 L3 Daytona 15 15 .500 5.5 6-9 9-6 L2 Lakeland 15 16 .484 6.0 7-7 8-9 W2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Pioneer League (R+) - PIO North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Missoula 19 14 .576 - 14-5 5-9 L1 Great Falls 18 15 .545 1.0 10-6 8-9 W1 Helena 17 16 .515 2.0 6-8 11-8 W1 Billings 10 23 .303 9.0 6-11 4-12 L1 

I haven't made it to Appleton to see the Timber Rattlers yet and was wondering if anyone has been to a game a seen Kemp behind the dish? How's he look? Does it appear he'll be able to stick there? Arm strength? Foot Work?

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Fort Wayne (Padres) 4, Wisconsin 3

Wisconsin Site Game Summary:

TINCAPS TOP RATTLERS

By Chris Mehring, Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

FORT WAYNE, IN - The Fort Wayne TinCaps squeaked by the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers with a 4-3 win Wednesday afternoon at Parkview Field. Robert Lara's RBI grounder in the bottom of the eighth inning plated what turned out to the be the winning run for the TinCaps. Timber Rattlers pitchers handed out some crucial walks and Wisconsin hitters left the bases loaded twice while stranding a total of nine runners in the game in their fifth consecutive loss.

Michael Marseco gave the Timber Rattlers (13-18 second half, 47-54 overall) a 1-0 lead with a two-out RBI double in the top of the second inning.

But the TinCaps (26-6, 71-41) rallied for three runs in the bottom of the third against Rattlers starting pitcher R.J. Seidel. The right-hander got the first out, but walked the next two batters. Daniel Robertson doubled in the two runners on base and scored himself on a single by Jaff Decker.

The Rattlers got back to within a run in the top of the fourth inning against Stiven Osuna. Wisconsin loaded the bases with one out on a single and a pair of walks. A sacrifice fly by Erik Miller got a run home to cut the lead to 3-2. An infield single reloaded the bases with two outs, but Osuna got out of the inning with the lead still intact.

In the seventh, Juan Sanchez doubled into the left field corner with one out. Brett Lawrie delivered the game-tying hit with a two-out single. Wisconsin would load the bases again with a single and a walk. But, they could not take the lead as a ground out left the bases loaded.

That cost them.

In the bottom of the eighth, Efrain Nieves walked the leadoff batter and a single to right put runners at the corners with no outs. Nieves got a strikeout for out number one. But, a slow roller up the third base line off the bat of catcher Robert Lara was enough to get the go-ahead run home from third.

The TinCaps called on closer Brad Brach in the top of the ninth inning. Sanchez singled to lead off the inning. But Erik Komatsu grounded into a double play and Lawrie went down looking at strike three to end the game. Brach has 27 saves on the season.

The Timber Rattlers will conclude their road trip with a Thursday night game against the TinCaps. Trey Watten (4-10, 4.58) is the scheduled starting pitcher for Wisconsin. Fort Wayne counters with Chris Fetter (0-1, 3.48). Game time is 6:05 PM CDT.

Wisconsin Box Score

Juan Sanchez a double among his three hits; Timber Rattler pitchers have passed out more walks than any of the other 13 clubs in the Midwest League...

Wisconsin Game Log

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Nashville 5, New Orleans (Marlins) 3

Nashville Site Game Summary:

Link for Jason Bourgeois photo, text follows --

NASHVILLE - The Nashville Sounds beat the New Orleans Zephyrs 5-3 on Wednesday afternoon at historic Greer Stadium. Five Sounds players recorded multi-hit games and accounted for all 10 hits on the afternoon.

Nashville (56-49) improved to 18-10 in day games, including a 9-2 mark at home.

The Sounds took an early 4-0 lead after the first inning as the entire lineup batted around. Outfielder Jason Bourgeois bunted to reach first and then stole second base. Alcides Escobar walked and then stole second base while Bourgeois swiped third. Adam Heether walked to load the bases, followed by Erick Almonte's two-run RBI single that scored Escobar and Bourgeois.

Hernan Iribarren was hit by a pitch to load the bases again, followed by consecutive RBI base hits by Freddy Parejo and Patrick Arlis to give the Sounds an early 4-0 lead.

AUDIO: Patrick Arlis RBI Base Hit

Jai Miller and Andy Gonzalez led off the fifth inning with singles, followed by Gookie Dawkins being hit and reaching to load the bases. Pinch hitter Dave Matranga brought home Miller and Gonzalez with a base hit to centerfield, and then scored on a ground out that trimmed Nashville's lead to 4-3.

The Sounds got a run back in the bottom of the sixth inning as Iribarren recorded a base hit to center, stole second base, and scored on a base hit by Bourgeois that extend the Sounds lead to 5-3.

Sounds starter Chris Narveson moved to 4-3 after throwing his first quality start of the season. Narveson allowed three runs on five hits while striking out four in six innings of work.

Reliever Jesus Colome picked up his first save of the season after pitching a scoreless ninth inning.

For the second straight game, the Zephyrs' starting left the game after one inning of work. Andrew Miller (0-2) got the loss and departed with a right ankle sprain after warming up to start his second frame of action.

Iribarren and Bourgeois each extended their hitting streaks to seven games on the afternoon. Bourgeois also reached 30 steals for the fourth time in the last six seasons.

The Sounds and Zephyrs continue with the third game of a four-game series on at 7:00 PM CT on Thursday night at historic Greer Stadium. Left-hander Chase Wright (6-5, 3.87) takes the hill for Nashville against New Orleans right-hander Ryan Tucker (0-2, 10.24).

Nashville Box Score

Watching Jason Bourgeois patrol center field if Mike Cameron is traded might be interesting for a month, but his .301 batting average and 30 steals mask an only barely-average OBP and no power at all; a box score without Mat Gamel and Angel Salome is less than scintillating; reliever Jesus Colome is intriguing, if only it'd be fun to see someone besides Todd Coffey bring heat from the Brewer bullpen -- but hey, you could have said that about Jorge Julio...

Nashville Game Log

I haven't made it to Appleton to see the Timber Rattlers yet and was wondering if anyone has been to a game a seen Kemp behind the dish? How's he look? Does it appear he'll be able to stick there? Arm strength? Foot Work?
He's nothing special back there, in fact I'm not big on him or McCraw. Both players let too many balls get through them... His arm strength seemed pretty average, he didn't wow me at all, and I've seen plenty of attempted steals at the T-Rats games I've attended.. Footwork wise he's inconsistent, but he's not exactly agile to being with, he's got a dumpy frame. I don't see him sticking at C for the Brewers and I'm not sure I like him at 1B either. I've said before I like his bat and approach at the plate, I'm not sure where he fits.

He does have a good head for the game, he makes quite a few "heads up" type plays when I'm at the game, he's just not all that physically gifted.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Bowman is having a very tough time finding the strike zone tonight. I believe he's given up 6 5 BBs already as I'm flipping back and forth between both walk fests.

Hand gave up back to back to HRs in the 2nd before I switched over to the BC game.. not exactly a stellar pitching evening thus far for the organization.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Steve was talking about Rosario's velocity just now during the Helena broadcast and mentioned low mid 90s... reading between the lines I'd guess that means 94 MPH. This is quite the pitching staff we've assembled in Helena.

- Plato

- Plato

Ha, sweet play in the Helena 2nd... First Garfield rips an absolute rocket single, then steals 2nd. My boy Trejo comes up clutch lining a single to center with 2 outs, the throw gets away and Trejo pushes all the way up to 3B by making a great slide to avoid the tag. Paciorek then singles in Trejo. Helena up 2-0 after 2 complete.

- Plato

- Plato

Rosario just pitched an inning... 5 pitches, 5 first pitch swings, 5 hard hit balls... think he's a little bit too accustomed to the "get me over fastball"? He gave up a run on a double and single.

- Plato

- Plato

Final Game 1: Montgomery (Rays) 5, Huntsville 1

Huntsville Box Score:

Hand gives up 3 runs including the Back to Back jacks in the 2nd, which proved to be all Montgomery needed. Wes Littleton... no offense intended to his family but he just hasn't had it this season. His 2/3 of an inning was very tough, and not all that dissimilar from his body of work at AAA. Anderson goes 3 for 5, that's hits in 14 of his last 16 games, he on quite the tear (I crossed up my notes, that's actually Logan Schafer of BC) he's hitting .459 over his last 10 going into the night cap. Cain also with 2 hits including a double.

Hunstville Game Log

Anderson thrown out at Home to end the 4th. Huntsville had a chance to bust open a close game in the 6th...

Huntsville Top 6th

• Shane Justis singles on a ground ball to center fielder Rashad Eldridge.
  • Drew T. Anderson singles on a line drive to left fielder Fernando Cortez. Shane Justis to 2nd.
  • Coaching visit to mound.
  • Pitcher Change: Paul Phillips replaces Heath Rollins.
  • Jonathan Lucroy strikes out swinging.
  • Taylor Green flies out to right fielder Cody Strait. Shane Justis to 3rd.
  • Lorenzo Cain singles on a line drive to left fielder Fernando Cortez. Shane Justis scores. Drew T. Anderson to 2nd.
  • Kevin Melillo walks. Drew T. Anderson to 3rd. Lorenzo Cain to 2nd.
  • J. R. Hopf strikes out swinging.

- Plato

- Plato

Final: DSL Rays 10, DSL O's/Brewers 8

DSL O's/Brewers Box Score

Javier goes 0-4, Arias goes 2-5 with a 2B and HR. I'm actually regretting not following this squad more closely, I fell into the habit of just reading Mass' summaries every day. It takes me way too long to figure out the names I'm not familiar with. Surprisingly with so many runs the combined squad only used 2 pitchers.

DSL O's/Brewers Game Log

A big top of the 7th for the combined squad.

DSL O's/Brewers Top 7th

• Pitcher Change: Ney Dominguez replaces Jose Torres.
  • Jhonatan Javier walks.
  • Hitaniel Arias homers (1) on a fly ball to right field. Jhonatan Javier scores.
  • Edwin Wilson walks.
  • Andres Martinez walks. Edwin Wilson to 2nd.
  • Wilder Aguirre singles on a line drive to right fielder Ludson Isenia. Edwin Wilson to 3rd. Andres Martinez to 2nd.
  • Gregory Lorenzo walks. Edwin Wilson scores. Andres Martinez to 3rd. Wilder Aguirre to 2nd.
  • Pitcher Change: Noel De Leon replaces Ney Dominguez.
  • Cristian Araujo grounds into a force out, shortstop Yermis Mejia to second baseman Federico Eder. Andres Martinez scores. Wilder Aguirre to 3rd. Gregory Lorenzo out at 2nd. Cristian Araujo to 1st.
  • With Octavio Wilson batting, Wilder Aguirre steals (2) home. Cristian Araujo steals (2) 2nd base.
  • Octavio Wilson called out on strikes.
  • Wilmer Portes grounds out, second baseman Federico Eder to first baseman Hector Rodriguez.

- Plato

- Plato

Final: Fort Myers (Twins) 4, Brevard County 2

Miracle Site Summary:

July 29, 2009 - FORT MYERS -- Santos Arias dominated Brevard County in seven innings as Deibinson Romero added a two-run blast, lifting the Fort Myers Miracle to a 4-2 victory at Hammond Stadium on Wednesday.

The Miracle built a 2-0 lead in the fifth and sixth with RBI singles from Rene Leveret and Chris Parmelee. In the bottom of the seventh, Romero added what would turn out to be very valuable insurance with his fourth homer of the year to left field with a runner aboard.

Santos Arias (5-1) kept the Manatees scoreless with seven innings of five-hit ball. He walked one and struck out three, while Brevard's Michael Bowman (3-4) took the loss. Bowman gave up two earned runs on five hits in five innings with five walks and three strikeouts.

Miracle batters drew a staggering eleven walks in the game, with just four strikeouts. After eight innings, the score was 4-0, Miracle.

As excellent as Arias was, things got dicey in the ninth. Blair Erickson, who had been battling recent control problems, retired the first batter in the ninth but walked the next two. He induced a flyout to right for the second out, but an infield single loaded the bases and prompted manager Jeff Smith to call upon Loek van Mil.

Van Mil worked to a full count against catcher Anderson de la Rosa. At one point he lit up the radar gun with a 99 mph fastball, but another fastball on the outside corner of the plate was lined to right to bring in a pair of runs and make the score 4-2. The 7'1 Dutch-born pitcher settled down and induced a popout from Logan Schafer in foul ground near third to record his third save.

Fort Myers and Brevard County, the two first half division champions, split both series at the two parks, two games each. The season series will stay knotted at 4-4 with Wednesday's result.

Fort Myers will now travel to Clearwater for a four-game series against the Threshers starting on Thursday night at Bright House Field. First pitch is set for 7 p.m.

Brevard County Box Score

The BC pitchers just didn't have it tonight, a combined 11 BBs against only 4 Ks on the evening. De La Rosa was the only batter with a multiple hit game, no batter had an XBH. Schafer with a hit in his first AB, he's hitting .415 over his last 10. BC didn't threaten till the 5th and didn't push any runs across until the 9th.

Brevard County Game Log

Mini rallies in the 5th and 7th fall short, as does the comeback bid in the 9th.

Brevard County Top 5th

• Lee Haydel lines out to second baseman Chris Cates.
  • Zelous Wheeler grounds out, second baseman Chris Cates to first baseman Chris Parmelee.
  • Brent Brewer walks.
  • Anderson De La Rosa singles on a line drive to left fielder Mark Dolenc. Brent Brewer to 3rd. Anderson De La Rosa to 2nd on the throw.
  • Logan Schafer flies out to right fielder Evan Bigley.

Brevard County Top 7th

• Jair Fernandez remains in the game as the designated hitter.
  • Chris Errecart grounds out, second baseman Chris Cates to first baseman Chris Parmelee.
  • Lee Haydel singles on a line drive to right fielder Evan Bigley.
  • Zelous Wheeler singles on a ground ball to third baseman Deibinson Romero. Lee Haydel to 2nd.
  • Brent Brewer grounds into a force out, fielded by third baseman Deibinson Romero. Lee Haydel out at 3rd. Zelous Wheeler to 2nd. Brent Brewer to 1st.
  • Anderson De La Rosa flies out to left fielder Mark Dolenc.

Brevard County Top 9th

• Steffan Wilson pops out to catcher Alexander Soto in foul territory.
  • Chris Errecart walks.
  • Lee Haydel walks. Chris Errecart to 2nd.
  • Zelous Wheeler flies out to right fielder Evan Bigley.
  • Brent Brewer singles on a ground ball to second baseman Chris Cates. Chris Errecart to 3rd. Lee Haydel to 2nd.
  • Pitcher Change: Loek Van Mil replaces Blair Erickson.
  • Anderson De La Rosa singles on a line drive to right fielder Evan Bigley. Chris Errecart scores. Lee Haydel scores. Brent Brewer to 3rd.
  • Logan Schafer pops out to third baseman Deibinson Romero in foul territory.

- Plato

- Plato

Final Game 2: Montgomery (Rays) 10, Huntsville 0

Huntsville Held to One Run in 14 Innings

Matt Spring homered and knocked in a run with a base hit in a seven-run second inning that propelled Montgomery to a 10-0 win in the nightcap and a doubleheader sweep of Huntsville Wednesday night at Riverwalk Stadium. The Biscuits stopped a franchise-record seven-game losing streak with a 5-1 win in the opener and improved to 14-19 in the second half and 47-56 overall, while the Stars were swept in a twin bill for the second time this season to fall to 14-19 in the second half and 52-50 overall.

Brandon Kintzler made his double-A debut on the mound for Huntsville in game two and committed one of three errors in the first inning that allowed the Biscuits to plate three runs with only one hit and a walk. Spring led off the home second with a home run off his former college teammate to make it 4-0 before Desmond Jennings doubled in a run to push the lead to five. Kintzler was taken out after a one-out walk to Rashad Eldridge and charged with seven runs, five earned, on four hits and a pair of walks. Josh Wahpehpah took over and yielded run-scoring hits to Chris Nowak, Matt Fields, Cody Strait and Spring that finished off the Biscuits highest-scoring inning of the season.

Anuery Rodriguez benefited from the early offense and went the distance, tossing seven scoreless frames to grab his sixth win of the season. He allowed four singles and did not allow a runner to advance past second base, while walking two and recording one strikeout, as the Biscuits' finished off their third doubleheader sweep of the season. He has now gone 19 2/3 innings in his last three starts without yielding an earned run.

In the opener, Stars' starter Donovan Hand retired the first five batters he faced before Fields crushed a solo home run to left field that was followed by an opposite field home run to right field by Strait in his first at-bat since joining the Biscuits. Drew Anderson singled to lead off the fourth inning, ending a string of seven in a row retired by starter Heath Rollins but was cut down trying to score on a Lorenzo Cain double for the final out of the inning.

Shane Justis and Anderson singled to open the sixth inning and chase Rollins from the game, after he had allowed seven hits and fanned three. Paul Phillips took over and set down the first two hitters he faced before Cain singled to drive in Justis to cut the Biscuits lead to 2-1. Kevin Melillo walked to load the bases before JR Hopf fanned to end the threat. Rollins was charged with one run and grabbed the win to even his record at 9-9, as he won for just the second time in 11 starts at home.

Montgomery tacked on three runs in the sixth inning against Hand and Wes Littleton on run-scoring hits by Nowak and Fields and a Strait sacrifice fly. Hand was lifted after 5 1/3 innings and charged with three runs on five hits. He walked one, struck out a pair and suffered the loss to fall to 8-4. Phillips then worked a scoreless seventh inning, striking out the side in the process, to nail down his fifth save in as many tries.

The series continues Thursday night with right-hander Mark Holliman taking the hill for the Stars against Biscuits' right-hander Rayner Oliveros. Coverage of the game begins at 6:50 pm central time and can be heard through the internet at www.huntsvillestars.com.

Hunstville Game 2 Box Score

Not the debut Mass was hoping for from Kintzler, a pretty forgettable affair all the way around. Cain the only bright spot offensively going 2 for 3. Green is now hitting .179 over his last 10 and Lucroy was 1 for 2 with a HBP, hitting .233 over his last 10 (similar to his season).

Hunstville Game 2 Game Log

The Stars only advanced a runner to 2nd base twice in the game.

- Plato

- Plato

Final: AZL Cublets 7, AZL Brewers 4

AZL Brewers Box Score
I hate losing to the lame Cubs at any level. George goes 3 for 3 with a BB, Walla 2 for 5 but 3 Ks, Roberts 2 for 4, McKelvie 3 for 4 with a double. Romero gives up a HR but pitches well otherwise, Guerrero only has 2 scoreless appearances all year and struggled here. DeLaugher makes his first appearance in the organization, goes 2/3 an IP before giving way to Costello who does his usual thing. Costello doesn't belong in AZ, he's been dominant.with 0 BBs and 19 Ks. Some year in my life time the Brewers will actually field a winning AZL team.
AZL Brewers Game Log

The Brewer 7th could have been a bigger inning with Walla get gunned at 3rd with less than 2 outs. DeLaugher had an interesting 8th before Costello bailed him out.

AZL Brewers Bottom 7th

• Pitcher Change: Melvin Vasquez replaces Gian Guzman.
  • Carlos George singles on a ground ball to third baseman Jordan Petraitis.
  • Maxwell Walla singles on a ground ball to center fielder Francisco Guzman. Carlos George to 3rd.
  • Brandon Sizemore flies out to left fielder Jesus Morelli.
  • Tony Pechek singles on a line drive to center fielder Francisco Guzman. Carlos George scores. Maxwell Walla out at 3rd on the throw, center fielder Francisco Guzman to third baseman Jordan Petraitis.
  • Tyler Roberts singles on a ground ball to center fielder Francisco Guzman. Tony Pechek to 2nd.
  • Allixon Cequea singles on a ground ball to left fielder Jesus Morelli. Tony Pechek scores. Tyler Roberts to 3rd.
  • Demetrius McKelvie singles on a ground ball to right fielder Glenn Cook. Tyler Roberts scores. Allixon Cequea to 2nd.
  • Pitcher Change: Jose Rosario replaces Melvin Vasquez.
  • Connor Lind grounds into a force out, shortstop Robert Bautista to second baseman Wes Darvill. Demetrius McKelvie out at 2nd.

AZL Cubs Top 8th

• Pitcher Change: Ryan DeLaughter replaces Luis Guerrero.
  • Robert Wagner reaches on fielding error by pitcher Ryan DeLaughter.
  • Offensive Substitution: Pinch hitter Jose Guevara replaces Brad Snyder.
  • Jose Guevara grounds out to catcher Tyler Roberts. Jose Guevara out on batter interference.
  • Jordan Petraitis hit by pitch. Robert Wagner to 2nd.
  • Juan Medina singles on a ground ball to center fielder Franklin Romero. Robert Wagner scores. Jordan Petraitis to 2nd.
  • Jesus Morelli walks. Jordan Petraitis to 3rd. Juan Medina to 2nd.
  • Glenn Cook strikes out swinging.
  • Francisco Guzman walks. Jordan Petraitis scores. Juan Medina to 3rd. Jesus Morelli to 2nd.
  • Pitcher Change: Matt Costello replaces Ryan DeLaughter.
  • Robert Bautista strikes out swinging.

- Plato

- Plato

Archived