Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-28 Nationals (Balester) at Milwaukee (Villanueva) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 8-3]

I was on the cub game for a minute, what happened to Suppan?

I did not hear what they said either, but I just read elsewhere that he has a left oblique strain, revealed by a MRI today. I'm guessing that is what they said on the broadcast.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was on the cub game for a minute, what happened to Suppan?

I did not hear what they said either, but I just read elsewhere that he has a left oblique strain, revealed by a MRI today. I'm guessing that is what they said on the broadcast.

Thanks for letting me know.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know the record for home runs given up by a team in one year? This is getting ridiculous (check that, it's been ridiculous for the last three months).

never mind, just found out: 2001 Rockies 230 HR's, in the AL 1996 Detroit Tigers with 241...That's certainly within reach!

This week's gotten an oldie but goodie in my head:

A long, long time ago
I can still remember
How the brewers used to make us smile
And I knew that this was their chance
to make it to the dance
And make us fans happy for a while
But July made us shiver
With every blown lead they delievered
More stupid moves by ned
produced rage in the vent thread
I can't remember if I cried
When I realized this team had no pride
but it still burned me deep inside
The day the brewers died
So bye, bye to the playoff chase
Another losing season is about to take place
Only hope for next season is left to embrace
Singin' my heart ran out of space
The day the brewers lost the race.
So bye-bye to the Miller Park fans
Just another gray September makin' off-season plans
The Brewer fans were left to their summer tans
Sayin' "One more season straight down the can..."

Just out of morbid curiosity, I did the addition and came up with 36 runs surrendured only on home runs since the start of the Pittsburgh series through the 8th tonight.

Knocks on wood for the final out of the 9th here.

And yes, this outscores the total runs scored by the Crew in that time.

I don't know why this bothers me so much, but I'm pretty bummed out about this team. It's probably just all balled together with what has seemed like a crappy summer all around, starting with the weather and not getting any better from there.

Remembering back to the season predictions thread, I think I had this team pegged for around 85 wins. They might be 2 games under .500 right now, but I still think this team has what it takes to be 3 or 4 games over by the end of the year. Whether or not that'll be good enough to contend for the division remains to be seen, but I do feel like they'll be able to rebound at some point and still pull out a winning season.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Remembering back to the season predictions thread, I think I had this team pegged for around 85 wins. They might be 2 games under .500 right now, but I still think this team has what it takes to be 3 or 4 games over by the end of the year. Whether or not that'll be good enough to contend for the division remains to be seen, but I do feel like they'll be able to rebound at some point and still pull out a winning season.
This is why I don't start drinking before noon, I'm shocked the wording is so coherent.

...and the back-to-back pummelings at home are coming from the worst team in baseball.
As Hawing pointed out before the series started, the Nats had won a total of 10 -- count 'em, 10 -- road games before this series.

Yeah, and they've now increased their road wins by 20 percent in the last two days. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I sat at the ballpark tonight, wondering why the Brewers hate the Sunday Plus season ticket holders this year. I thought of a new possible phrase to describe the rotation:

Yovani, and pray for a four day tsunami. Not to make light of tsunamis, but not much else rhymes.

Also - the board is so glum lately, some of you might like this - in the 8th inning, during (I think) a mound visit by Bill Castro, Dean Rosko on the Miller Park organ played the theme from M*A*S*H. You know - "Suicide is Painless." That might be worse than when they'd play Free Fallin' after losses in 2008.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Also - the board is so glum lately, some of you might like this - in the 8th inning, during (I think) a mound visit by Bill Castro, Dean Rosko on the Miller Park organ played the theme from M*A*S*H. You know - "Suicide is Painless."

Nice. Fits in with the M*A*S*H* unit of a rotation we have right now, too

Hawing

My wife and I reacted to the M*A*S*H* theme as well (great minds think alike).

We had hoped that a Tuesday night game would end the "Sunday Plus" ugliness. As of now, we don't have tickets again til August 28th, so all fans should be happy as I do my part and stay away from the team for awhile.

Archived