Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-28 Nationals (Balester) at Milwaukee (Villanueva) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 8-3]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone else catch that union mention when discussing the No Trade Clause for Halladay? BTW FSN, how tough is it to spell H A L L A D A Y? At any rate, it sounds like when a player a gives up his no trade there is compensation expected, perhaps guaranteeing an option year or some such?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I only counted four times Melvin said "and that." I honestly expected more. I guess he'll be in the booth for another half inning so we'll see.

Three innings and one run from Carlos so far, not too bad. He has 46 pitches so if he manages his pitches well maybe we can get him through 5.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

The Padres don't have any former Pirates who can torment us... do they? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

5 runs in 4 innings...and Villa was supposed to be the better option?!?

Can it be Dillard time now?

Would it really matter much if they went Dillard then Villy, instead of the opposite?

BTW, why all the pink text tonight?

I only counted four times Melvin said "and that." I honestly expected more. I guess he'll be in the booth for another half inning so we'll see.

Three innings and one run from Carlos so far, not too bad. He has 46 pitches so if he manages his pitches well maybe we can get him through 5.

The roommates and I were having an "And That" contest.... he got five the first half inning, and one during the Brewers half. I am sure he would have added a few more if the bats could have prolonged the inning, but we had the over/under at 8.

Buehrle finally walks a guy with two outs in the 5th. He retired 45 batters in a row. Next batter singles to center and the no hitter is gone and I have to go back to watching the Nationals crush the Brewers.

Archived