Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Games of Tuesday, July 28th

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Tuesday's Menu:

Times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Nashville: LHP Lindsay Gulin at home vs. New Orleans (Marlins), 6:35 PM pre-game; 7:00 gametime

Live Audio Link

Huntsville: RHP Brandon Kintzler at Montgomery (Rays), 6:50 PM pre-game; 7:05 gametime; it's the Brewer organization debut for the former Padres farmhand and recent independent league signee...

Live Audio Link

Brevard County: RHP Mark Rogers at Fort Myers (Twins), 6:05 PM gametime

Live Audio Link (Miracle's Feed)

Wisconsin: RHP Wily Peralta at Fort Wayne (Padres), 5:50 PM pre-game; 6:05 gametime; LHP Evan Frederickson will also pitch in this game

Live Audio Link

Helena: RHP Damon Krestalude at Missoula (Diamondbacks), 7:50 PM pre-game; 8:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

Arizona Summer League: Idle

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles: at home vs. the DSL Red Sox (see this thread for some roster background) -- all games are 10:30 local time in the Dominican, and no need to ask about web audio; we usually won't see updated box scores until the overnight...

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Follow Tuesday's action as it happens:
Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Tab or New Window". Choose "Recap". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often.

MiLB.com now has Gameday available for AA as well as AAA this season.

Nashville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_28_nozaaa_nasaaa_1

Huntsville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t559&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_28_hunaax_monaax_1

Brevard County:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t503&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_28_breafa_ftmafa_1

Wisconsin:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2009_07_28_wisafx_ftwafx_1&did=t572&sid=t572

Helena:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2009_07_28_helrok_misrok_1&did=t433&sid=t433

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_28_drsrok_dobrok_1

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This link will be included in each daily report when the Nashville Sounds are scheduled to play. Normally it is updated a few hours prior to gametime.

Nashville Media Notes (Adobe .pdf format):

We're going to include the link to Kraig McNutt's Nashville blog in the same post as the Nashville media notes link going forward.

"Voice of the Rattlers" Chris Mehring's informative and entertaining Rattlers Radio Blog includes game notes an hour or two before gametime.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
 Pacific Coast League (AAA) - PCL American North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nashville 55 47 .539 - 30-20 25-27 L2 Iowa 52 50 .510 3.0 30-20 22-30 L2 Memphis 52 50 .510 3.0 31-20 21-30 L2 Omaha 41 60 .406 13.5 18-28 23-32 L1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Southern League (AA) - SOU North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chattanooga 17 14 .548 - 10-6 7-8 W2 West Tenn 16 14 .533 0.5 7-8 9-6 L5 Huntsville 14 17 .452 3.0 6-9 8-8 W2 Tennessee 14 17 .452 3.0 5-10 9-7 W1 Carolina 12 19 .387 5.0 5-11 7-8 L2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Florida State League (A+) - FSL North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tampa 19 9 .679 - 5-6 14-3 W3 Brevard County 18 10 .643 1.0 11-6 7-4 L1 Dunedin 16 14 .533 4.0 10-7 6-7 L2 Clearwater 15 14 .517 4.5 6-6 9-8 W2 Daytona 15 14 .517 4.5 6-9 9-5 L1 Lakeland 14 16 .467 6.0 6-7 8-9 W1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Pioneer League (R+) - PIO North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Missoula 19 13 .594 - 14-4 5-9 W5 Great Falls 17 15 .531 2.0 10-6 7-9 L1 Helena 16 16 .500 3.0 6-8 10-8 L4 Billings 10 22 .313 9.0 6-10 4-12 W1 

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Link Report Bonus -- to the Archives!

I definitely have a soft spot for the independent leaguers, so I'm looking forward to Brandon Kintzler's debut with the Stars tonight. Whenever we have a game like that, I think back to one of the most unique days in Stars' history -- Sunday, July 20th, 2003.

Game One: Huntsville 10, West Tenn (Cubs) 0

Game Two: Huntsville 1, West Tenn 0

Pretty much what will go down as a very special night in Stars' history, as team historian and ultra-fan David Weiser would most certainly agree.

Following up LHP Jeff Housman's scintillatingly efficient AA debut, 26-year-old Jason Shelley, fresh from absolutely dominating Frontier League competition for a year and a half now, tosses a complete game, three-hit, ten strikeout, seven-inning shutout as Huntsville wins a squeaker in game two of Sunday's twinbill.

Shelly mixed a 90-92 MPH fastball with two out pitches, what he himself deemed a "slurve", and a very effective and seemingly nasty splitter.

Even at age 26, it's a wonder that no one plucked Shelley from the independent ranks prior to this.

They'll be talking about this evening for a long time in Huntsville.

It is such a hoot to go back and look at old Link Reports, particularly the one for that day. Prince Fielder nearly killed a catcher in Beloit in a home plate collision (no, not the infamous Chattanooga photograph -- that was later in AA), Corey Hart updates, Chris Saenz, ah yes, all good times.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Pleased to report that TheCrew07 has kindly responded to my request to take on an evening of summaries as your guest Link Reporter tonight. He's been a wonderful contributor here this season, and will allow me to kick back a bit this evening and enjoy Carlos Villanueva's upcoming perfect game. Thanks in advance!

T-Rats slightly delayed... should start by 6:20 PM CDT

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Peralta gives up a HR on the 2nd pitch of the game... the T-Rats staff has been giving up HRs in bunches lately.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Mark Rogers is rolling again tonight. He just keeps getting sharper as the season rolls along. Its pretty amazing that he can do anything considering he missed almost 2 1/2 years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Well since X had to jinx it!!! I've been listening in and he's hitting 97 on the stadium gun pretty regularly. Rogers hasn't walked multiple batters since July 4. He hasn't walked more than 2 since June 17. I realize he was only pitching 2 innings per outing, but it's improvement none the less.

The WI feed is still in and out today, Nashville and Huntsville delayed.

edit. Check that, Huntsville Postponed.

- Plato

- Plato

Well since X had to jinx it!!!
What did I jinx? He's still doing what he's doing through 4. I doubt you can jinx a 97 MPH fastball.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Boo, Rogers goes 4 complete with a perfect game, I was hoping they'd let him go for the win.

- Plato

- Plato

Looks like Rogers has it down again tonight. 4 k's, no walks, and no hits. The pitch count is starting to get annoying. They need to let the boy throw. A start like that and he can not get the win. That drives me crazy!

Are you kidding me? Let the kid go another inning for pete's sake. Let him go for the win.

No one will give a rats behind how many Rogers won in A+ when he dominating in the majors. If the doctors think this is the best approach, stick with it.

The important thing is, Rogers has become consistent with his mechanics, his velocity has returned, He's immensely improving both his control and command, he's learned the art of pitching resulting in him getting loads of groundouts, and most importantly, he's healthy.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Update from Brett:

The game scheduled between Huntsville and Montgomery Tuesday night, the second of a five-game set, has been rained out. The teams will make it up as part of a doubleheader, featuring two seven inning games, on Wednesday night beginning at 6:05 PM central time.

The Stars will send right-handers Brandon Kintzler and Donovan Hand to the hill against Biscuits' right-handers Heath Rollins and Anuery Rodriguez.

Coverage of the twin bill will begin at 5:50 PM central time and can be heard live through the internet at www.huntsvillestars.com.

Steve interviews strength and conditioning coach Nick Miller. They discuss many issues near and dear to my heart including the proper nutrition of athletes, a good listen.

- Plato

- Plato

the problem with rogers is the pitch count...clearly, he's on a schedule, so you can't use him out of the pen in any traditional sense and the fact that he can only go 3-4 innings means he's not really a starter...yeah, he's got huge potential, but all the question marks remain...

Archived