Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-27 Nationals (Stammen) at Milwaukee (Suppan) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 14-6]

Sorry for trying to be positive, I guess...

Don't be...I can assure you it's very much appreciated, and I definitely agree with you. When no one seems to want to win the division, things are very far from being over when it comes to the season. At least Swindle's looked pretty good in there tonight...if he can become a solid contributor to the bullpen it'll go a long way towards solidifying a bullpen that's been tiring.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He had 14 HR's and an AVG. just below .300 coming into tonight. I'd take that...
Well in that case, I feel a lot better about it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

You wouldn't want that production for this team? You'd rather have, say, Bill Hall coming off the bench to pinch hit? Or Jody Gerut spot-starting for Corey Hart in RF or Mike Cameron in CF?

Wasn't Willingham a top prospect coming up with Florida? He had 21 HR's and 89 RBI's in 2007. Injuries held him back last year, and I'd imagine he'd be producing a lot more in a better lineup.

I would never accuse players of not trying hard, they just are not good enough this year, and one player is not going to put us in the playoffs especially when we would have to give up core pieces of our future... we all knew this was going to be a tough year before it even started I can't see being buyers when the team has been fading for the last month and a half

No, I think McGehee backs up next year at 2B, 3B, and maybe tries a bit at either 1B for the rare Prince day off or a corner outfield spot as a reserve. But yes, trade JJ please and let's move on and also improve our staff.
Casey can play the OF too can't he? I don't see why he doesn't see some time out in RF instead of Corey. It's not like Corey is great defensively.

This thread is so funny bad.

But I might as well add onto it...

I decided to keep book for fun at home for the first time, and I picked this game to do it..... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

For those of you scoring at home...

brewdude-

The blue font and wink face thing means I was kidding. Of course I'd love that production.

I appreciate the optimism. I hope you're right. I just don't see it, haven't for a month and a half.

Sorry. Got the wrong idea.

Maybe something we could do to "help" break this funk? I heard "pink IGT". There's been days without an IGT, I believe. Any other ideas?

Now where is that brown bag with the eyes cut out...

Ask, and you shall receive... (props to AJAY, who I believe was the first to post this picture many moons ago)

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1407/baghead.jpg

Nice! I may need that for work tomorrow!

I thought I remembered hearing Branyan wanted to come back but Melvin was never interested. Russ is making 1.4 million and Kapler is making 1 mil if I remember correctly so I don't think money was the issue.
You remembered wrong. Branyan wanted playing time which the Brewers were not able to guarantee to Branyan and would have had to overpay for him about $3m would be around the target range for that. Kapler is more of a weird thing I'm not sure Kapler even wanted to come back and play for the Brewers. There wasn't any talks between both sides so I doubt Kapler really wanted to come back to Milwaukee another one Melvin would have over paid for. If Melvin takes both back and they only cost about $8m that leaves Looper or Hoffman to sign and since the Brewers really needed a starting pitcher that means no Hoffman.

What a nightmare game. Willingham is on my fantasy team and of course I had him on my bench.

Suppan made me more mad last night then I think any player this entire season. I literally felt like I was steaming looking at his face as he sat in the dugout looking onto the field in a daze. Thanks Jeff, you suck.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I've made my last visit to the ticket window in 2009. Seriously, the pitching on this team is so incredibly awful right now, I just can't bear to watch.

Yeah, I have tickets to two games and September, and will probably get one more game through the "free" BP tickets. Kind of dreading that right now.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I certainly picked two great games to go to, giving up 26 runs in two days. I guess this is a new low for Brewers games I attended.

My previous low was in 1991 when the Brewers lost 14-4 to Boston. At least then I got to see catcher Rick Dempsey pitch the 9th. I was hoping they'd let Hardy or another position player pitch the 9th. Would have at least been entertaining.

Suppan made me more mad last night then I think any player this entire season. I literally felt like I was steaming looking at his face as he sat in the dugout looking onto the field in a daze. Thanks Jeff, you suck.

I was just pissed at Macha. I think everyone in the stadium but him, saw that first grand slam coming.

You've got to figure Hall could be more effective than Paul Janish...Hmm...what about Bill Hall in mop up duty a la Janish? Is there really anything to lose?

On a side note, I think I heard KC is doing that with Tony Pena Jr....Even for a pitcher, he'll be miserable with the bat.

Archived