Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-27 Nationals (Stammen) at Milwaukee (Suppan) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 14-6]

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, Jody Gerut hit the baseball? I'm confused. I guess that's a tiny sliver lining that he has been swinging the bat a little better the past two days.

EDIT: I give him props and then he has a moment of fail. No more props for you, Jody.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm tired of the negativity. This is starting to look a lot like a vent thread, and last I checked we don't have those anymore. Losing one game to the Nationals doesn't break your season. The Nationals have won 30 games this season...they're not an automatic victory. They're coming in on a 2-game winning streak (for them, that's the equivalent of about a 6-game win streak to a .500 team). There are 3 more games to play. The offense looks good tonight. The pitching probably won't be great tomorrow. The Cardinals have the Dodgers to worry about and the Cubs and Astros are beating themselves up now.

Why again, with the month-long stretch of games we have, can't we make a run? If we make a move or two within the next 3 days, we can make a run. I'm not saying an automatic World Series run, but you never know what could happen in the game of baseball, much less any sport. I agree this isn't a great team due in part to a really crappy pitching staff. The front office needs to make some pretty long strides to make the pitching better in the off-season. Can we get a free agent list somewhere?

Melvin did a pretty terrible job on the team this year. It's not all his fault but he's a big part of it. Our rotation is terrible and our bench is terrible. You couldn't of honestly went into the season thinking this was a playoff team with a 23 year old pitcher coming other a major injury and a wildly inconsistent Dave Bush being the top of your staff. We could of easily kept Kapler and Branyan pretty easily. Too much deadweight on this team like Bill Hall, Jody Gerut, etc.

I'm tired of the negativity. This is starting to look a lot like a vent thread, and last I checked we don't have those anymore. Losing one game to the Nationals doesn't break your season. The Nationals have won 30 games this season...they're not an automatic victory. They're coming in on a 2-game winning streak (for them, that's the equivalent of about a 6-game win streak to a .500 team). There are 3 more games to play. The offense looks good tonight. The pitching probably won't be great tomorrow. The Cardinals have the Dodgers to worry about and the Cubs and Astros are beating themselves up now.

Why again, with the month-long stretch of games we have, can't we make a run? If we make a move or two within the next 3 days, we can make a run. I'm not saying an automatic World Series run, but you never know what could happen in the game of baseball, much less any sport. I agree this isn't a great team due in part to a really crappy pitching staff. The front office needs to make some pretty long strides to make the pitching better in the off-season. Can we get a free agent list somewhere?

Way to vent!

Verified Member

I am a Brewers fan and if the team underperforms like this than a Vent Thread has every right to exist on this site. And if you don't want to vent with those of us fans who care, then don't read it.

Getting shellacked by the Nats. >:-( Jeff Suppan. >:-(

As painful as tonight is, I agree with brewdude15 (at least to an extent). The timing of this game (assuming the outcome doesn't change) could hardly be worse, but giving up two grand slams in a game, much less to any one player, is mostly fluky; and while the Nationals have the worst record in baseball, they don't have the worst offense.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It's not negativity as much as it is a reflection of the team's recent play. Sure, it's possible the team may suddenly turn things around but I think the point the consensus is making is that there's absolutely no indication in the team's play to suggest they will. Getting blown out at home to the worst team in baseball is not a good sign. Other than sheer blind optimism, there is no basis for expecting a turnaround.

If tonight's game doesn't warrant a players-only postgame clubhouse meeting, I can't imagine what would. Team leaders need to step forward. Now.

It's not negativity as much as it is a reflection of the team's recent play. Sure, it's possible the team may suddenly turn things around but I think the point the consensus is making is that there's absolutely no indication in the team's play to suggest they will. Getting blown out at home to the worst team in baseball is not a good sign. Other than sheer blind optimism, there is no basis for expecting a turnaround.

If tonight's game doesn't warrant a players-only postgame clubhouse meeting, I can't imagine what would. Team leaders need to step forward. Now. Those work

If you are realistic I don't think the team has played well for a month. It's not like they have been winning series or stuff like that and this game is a bump in the road. We also need to become more consistent on offense and not wait for the 3 run hr all of the time. There's some overhauling(not rebuilding) that needs to be done this winter. But wait, DM likes his teams to be like AL teams and what the Brewers have now is an AL lineup.

Archived