Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-27 Nationals (Stammen) at Milwaukee (Suppan) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 14-6]

A while back I predicted the low point would not occur until the Crew was below .500 and Braun's average dipped under .300. The scary thing is that they'll dip below .500, even if not tonight, while Braun is actually heating up.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes all you can do in games like this is laugh and take solace in the fact that the other team's pitching is just as bad.

This game (and thread) reminds me of that Cleveland game with the crazy comeback.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Oh. My. God. I actually laughed at that one.
Ditto. That is really all you can do at this point. It is beyond disappointment, anger, whatever.

For those people who have been looking for the low point of the season for the past few weeks, meet Josh Willingham and his 8 RBI.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

i can't believe anyone really can believe this is a playoff team watching this team tonight. I am sorry but Doug better hold onto his Prospects and start to looking to move whatever assets he can for future Prospects for 2010

Laughable.

For all the love that Melvin gets, he should be blasted for trotting out the pitching staff we have this year. Its a complete and utter joke.

I am not sure he had a whole lot of options this past offseason either though. If anything it is his/Jack Z's fault for just laying an egg in the MILB pitching department sans Gallardo. I think everyone of our starters has fallen below my expectations thus far and lets face it a lot of things had to go right in the pitching staff for this team to be a legitimate contender

I am excited for after 2010 when we finally get rid of some bad contracts, hopefully get some good FA pitching, and we actually get some contributors from our farm system.

This has been an extremely frustrating season, I won't blame Doug one bit if he decides to just stand pat. We need 3 new starters right now

Anybody know if this is a Brewer record for most runs given up in 2 straight innings? I was at a Brewers/Orioles game in the 70s where they gave up 6 in the 9th and 5 in the 10th to lose 11-6. That's the worst I remember until now.

Archived