Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-27 Nationals (Stammen) at Milwaukee (Suppan) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 14-6]

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you can't sweep the Nationals at home, you don't deserve to be considered a contender.

Then I guess the Phillies, Dodgers, and Yankees aren't contenders. It's extremely hard to sweep any team in a 4-game series, especially the Nationals.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Jeff Suppan is a rare breed MLB pitcher. There are very few pitchers and even less starting pitchers that have the combination of terrible stuff and terrible command. For all the good moves DM has made, the Suppan signing may end up being what he is remembered for. What a terrible, terrible move/contract for an at best 5th starter.

Best thing I've heard so far tonight: "Nationals bullpen is busy"
I was about to say that with the Nationals' pitching, this one is far from over and then Braun brings the team to within one.

Best thing I've heard so far tonight: "Nationals bullpen is busy"
I was about to say that with the Nationals' pitching, this one is far from over and then Braun brings the team to within one.
Except Suppan will still be pitching for us...

Aaaand this is why you don't quit on this game just yet. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Very nice to see Braunie heating up.

Nope, but that should have been the Brewers tacking onto their lead or getting the lead back. Instead they are still down by one because Suppan bled out on the mound. And the worst part is, he's been bandaged up and back on the mound.

Shocker, another walk.

Archived