Brewer Fanatic

Reds are sellers --- Harang and Arroyo plus others...

If Castro loses his job because of how bad our pitching has been, would anyone like to see Dick Pole in Milwaukee?

Tell the truth, you only asked that because you wanted to type "Dick Pole"?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

If Castro loses his job because of how bad our pitching has been, would anyone like to see Dick Pole in Milwaukee?
I know you were joking, and I know this is off topic, but I'd like to see Dave Duncan replace Castro. He'd be hard to pry away from LaRussa, but he was certainly unhappy with his son's trade. Given that LaRussa and his contract are expiring this year, maybe there is a chance.

I know you were joking, and I know this is off topic, but I'd like to see Dave Duncan replace Castro. He'd be hard to pry away from LaRussa, but he was certainly unhappy with his son's trade. Given that LaRussa and his contract are expiring this year, maybe there is a chance.

Huh, I like that. Duncan is awesome. He turns a complete nobody into a good pitcher every year. I'd pay millions for that guy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Back to Harang. What about:

Harang

Chris Heisey/Drew Stubbs

for

Corey Hart

Hesiey and Stubbs are both putting up good numbers in AAA. Stubbs would be my preference, but either would be a decent replacement. Either way, Harang needs to don the Brew Crew Blue. Before The Pole got to him, he had previously led the NL in K's and tied for the league lead in W's while eating innings like it's some sort of competition. The only thing that scares me is how amenable Cincy would be to Corey. It's near his roots and Cincy would have to love the idea of having:

Hart

Bruce

Votto

Phillips

Edwin, the Brewer Killer

But we do need pitching...hungry pitching...a hunger that can only be satisfied by an immense amount of innings pitched.

Bush there is no way the Reds would even consider a deal like this. Harang is one of their better if not best pitcher, do you think they would trade him for a struggling RF AND a good prospect? The answer is no.

Bush there is no way the Reds would even consider a deal like this. Harang is one of their better if not best pitcher, do you think they would trade him for a struggling RF AND a good prospect?

Hart may be disappointing to us, but his OPS is above average for a RF, so he's still pretty good. Harang's contract becomes fairly unsavory if he's traded. I think this Hart for Hangang is a good offer. getting the OF prospect thrown in might be a bit much, but might be more atttractive if we threw in a prospect.

Harang has been worth just .7 of a win more than Hart this year, which isn't alot considering how much more money he's paid. Most love Harang because of the big season he had in 2007, but don't forget Hart had a huge year that year too.

Archived