Brewer Fanatic

Burns down, Swindle up

Mass Haas

Let's see if Macha will use him this time. What did he get 1/3 of an inning in two weeks the last time he was up?

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

It's not going to be the move that pushes us into the playoffs, but it could improve the team, and probably more importantly, if he is allowed to pitch, it will allow us to see if Swindle is a capable LH option out of the 'pen. He seems to have proven that he can get minor leaguers out, but it would be nice to have two inexpensive bullpen lefties (along with Stetter) set for the next 5-6 years.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Potato, po-tat-o....Burns is bad, and Swindle and his sidearm 75 MPH lefty junk has been absolutely brutalized at the MLB level. He'll be brutalized again.

Why does it seem that Swindle gets so much love here? He is a bad MLB pitcher, pure and simple. I don't care that nobody in AAA can hit him, he gets lit up every time he enters an MLB game.

This as judged by his whopping 4.2 IP in Philadelphia and 2.2 IP this year with the Brewers?

~Bill Walsh

7.1 innings of relief is hardly a big enough sample size to even make a judgement, Ralph. Calling him a "bad MLB pitcher" would be akin to calling a top AHL hockey player a "bad NHL player" because he didn't have a point a game in his first 5 NHL games.

Just as a point of note, Difelice in his first 7.2 IP in the majors gave up 5 runs on three long balls. That's not to say Swindle's success in the minors will translate to the majors, but condemning him based on a handful of major league innings seems a bit hasty given his minor league success.

Super-small sample alert, but Swindle had AAA all-star hitters looking completely lost at this year's ASG. I think the sheer fact that his stuff is so slow & unique gives him an edge.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Good luck in the minors Burns, at the very least you beat Santana.
With help from a couple of Keystone Kops plays by the Mets, yes. That start he had vs. the Dodgers wasn't all bad either.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I guess that is why they play the games--- actually Swindle looked the best tonight-- granted the game was basically over by then. But he did a lot better than some of the keyboard experts predicted on this thread.

Agreed that Swindle looked pretty impressive tonight. Also that might be the best performance I've seen from Chris Smith (other than hitting Karstens), granted both were in pure mop-up duty, but they looked good at least.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Archived