Brewer Fanatic

2008 MLB Draft picks in Bowman?

Anyone know why none of the draft picks from the 2008 draft have Bowman cards yet? I was looking up Brett Lawrie, Brett Wallace, Tim Beckham and Pedro Alvarez on ebay and none of them have a Bowman card yet. Anyone have any info on when they will have rookie cards?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Didn't they re-do the rules on this a couple of years ago to make it so that only MLB players get cards? I think they wanted to eliminate the 'two separate rookie card' problems from earlier in the decade.
Hmm, I had not heard that Peavey, sounds like it could be true though. It kind of makes sense.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

all of those players you listed signed exclusive deals with a newer card company called razor. check them out, not the best looking cards but they have all the top draftees from last season. the deals are for their minor league only so you won't see a brett lawrie in topps for a couple years.

all of those players you listed signed exclusive deals with a newer card company called razor. check them out, not the best looking cards but they have all the top draftees from last season. the deals are for their minor league only so you won't see a brett lawrie in topps for a couple years.

Okay, yeah I seen those Razor cards on ebay. They do not look very good. So a real Lawrie rookie won't come out until he steps on a big league field?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Okay, yeah I seen those Razor cards on ebay. They do not look very good. So a real Lawrie rookie won't come out until he steps on a big league field?

nope, and its really pathetic that they signed all these exclusive deals with almost all the big name players from last years draft (gordon beckham and buster posey were the biggest names they didnt exclusively get) and they put out such a poor product

Archived