Brewer Fanatic

Has Ohka signed with Washington?

aracko

Quote:
I think it had something to do with Ohka being angry when Robinson took him out once, and sort of refusing to give up the ball/showing him up a little bit.

Yep, exactly. The media out there and the Nats fans made a huge deal of it and it was why the Nats traded Ohka for Spivey. It became such a big deal that the Nats literally "could not keep Ohka on the team any longer", according to alot of media folks in Washington.

At the time I thought it was way too big of a deal being made about the incident but was thrilled that it led to the Brewers getting a solid starting pitcher for Junior Spivey

Ohka's agent says several teams are in touch, but offers so far have been "below market value."

That being the case, Tomo probably would have accepted arby, and obviously all of these teams are wary of his shoulder. He'll end up with an incentive-laden deal somewhere I'm sure.

If he's only getting one year offers or something I don't see why we wouldn't do that. One year worth like $5 million with an option for a second year at $7 million.

He'd be a nice stop gap for Gallardo/Jackson/Villanueva and Villanueva could then be in long relief. And aren't Capuano and Ohka good friends and Cappy is learning Japanese from him? You have to let Cappy learn perfect Japanese before you let Ohka go!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Oh I almost forgot to add, Ohka would be a great left handed pinch hitter late in games.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I can understand why Melvin didn't offer him arbitration but that doesn't mean Ohka can't be resigned to a 1 year deal, right?

I thought he wouldn't be able to negotiate with his original team til May 1, or is that if you decline an arby offer, I forget. Like the Clemens situation last year.

Archived