Brewer Fanatic

Free Metavante Club Passes...

twobrewers

While certainly not in the same level of Pedro - I have 20 Metavante Club Passes to give away.

They were the "pay early" reward for renewing my season tickets. I have no inclination to hang out in the Metavante Club, so if anyone wants a pair - drop me a message with your mailing address and I will pass them along.

Hawing, I may be interested in a couple of those...
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Based on a comment I made earlier this year, Hawing was nice enough to send some passes my way. I did not get a chance to use them until this past Thursday. Here is an edited response to Hawing on my experience.

[qoute][Hawing],

We finally went to the Metavante Club on Thursday. We are saving two tickets for [my so's] birthday (*-**). I was saving the other one for a day game. A Nats day game seemed like a great time to go up there when it was empty. I called Wednesday afternoon to reserve a table for 1pm. I was told there was a 90 min max to be at the table. There was also a dress code, but it is buisiness casual or Brewers gear. Jeans are ok, but no ripped jeans.

We went up there around 12.45. The seater couldn't find our reservation at first. She flipped the res list over and I was one of only two people to have a time of 1pm or later. We were seated right at the glass next to the splash zone. It was a great shot of Bernie, but we couldn't see any of the walls so we could not see the home runs. You can not see the TVs from the glass tables, but they have 620 pipped into the Club. It has a weird ambiance, since the glass is thick enough to keep out the sound of the stadium. You really can't hear the scoreboard announcements, nor can you hear the crowd. You can hear them through the broadcast. It's really weird.

The food was alright, but overpriced like everything else [at the Keg]. The buffet is between $28 and $38 per plate, depending on what the chef has cooked that day. The salads that day were not as good as the ones I've had at the Gehl club. The meat was also either tough chicken, or overcooked. Sodas were $3.50, but had free refills. We did opt to share a dessert. The creme brulee was amazing. With tip, our entire meal came to $89. The place was empty when we finished. Our server told us that they had no reservations and did not need our table, so we were allowed to stay there the rest of the game.

We did leave the Club after the 7th inning. [My SO] has never been up to the 3rd level before, so I went to go take her around. Nobody was manning the door between the Club and the rest of the level, so we spent the rest of the game admiring the pictures along the level.

We both liked the experience, but felt it missed the connection to the fans and the game that normal seats have [in the field level bleachers]. We also don't have the money to spend that much on lunch very often. But we both thank you for sharing those passes. If you need any programs or anything, just let me know in advance.

[Robin19]

[edited for public consumption and to also fix spelling errors. I don't know why my spell check automatically checks posts like these, but not PMs]

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Kind of like sitting in the old deluxe mezzanines at County Stadium in terms of ambiance where you were behind the glass and not "feeling it".

My limited experience in the Club has been for a pre-game cocktail. Knowing those prices, there is no chance I would have a sit down meal.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived