Brewer Fanatic

Colome up, Swindle DFA'd/Claimed by Rays -- Latest: Indians Claim Swindle from Tampa

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A nice pick up from the scrapheap. Amazing stuff, but no control. Colome hits triple digits with his fastball which would make him an ideal setup man for Hoffman if he can get it together.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

This smells like one of those typical Melvin moves where we get a guy with a plus something (Colome has a 95 MPH+ fastball), throw it against the wall, and see if it sticks. Hopefully it does, but if not no big loss.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

We always seem to get the guy with the good fastball and no control. I'll be happy when I see that we've picked up a reliever with good control. The only two I can think of that fit this bill are Hoffman and Riske.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

We always seem to get the guy with the good fastball and no control. I'll be happy when I see that we've picked up a reliever with good control. The only two I can think of that fit this bill are Hoffman and Riske.

You're making Mark DiFelice cry

Good call. I'm much more comfortable when DiFelice comes in (when used correctly and not allowed to throw to good lefties) then I ever was when Turnbow came in, even when Turnbow was "good." Pitchers who lack control seem to lose you as many games as they'll win you. They either look unbelievably good when they're throwing strikes or unbelievably bad when they're not. It would seem to be much easier on a manager when you know what you're going to get when you put a pitcher in.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Was checking the Dodgers website today to get ready for my annual foray to Chavez Ravine...the front page article is on how good Mota is.
That is why Melvin hates spending money on relief pitchers.

One good year/one bad year - and so the cycle continues.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived