Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-24 Braves (Vazquez) at Milwaukee (Parra) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 9-4]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Manny has definitely been shaky tonight, but I gotta hand it to him for getting Atlanta's two best hitters there to get out of the jam. That's a good sign, like what he did in the first inning last game.

While Parra was compiling his 7.52 ERA before he got sent down to AAA, Jason Kendall was catching all of his games. After he came back up, Rivera caught the two games in which he gave up 0 ER and 1 ER. Now Kendall is back behind the plate for Parra. I'm not suggesting that there is any kind of correlation, since Kendall caught some of Parra's better games last year, but maybe he is a little more comfortable with Rivera.

I suppose that is the reason Melvin is looking at relievers as well as starters. Other than his stellar month of May, Villa has been pretty abysmal. I'm guessing most of that has to do with his .391 BABIP at Miller Park. Hopefully that autocorrects itself at some point.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

With the Cards acquisitions, the Cubs and Astros heating up, and the Brewers falling flat this one has the feel of a season-ender. I almost wish the team felt it had the fan equity to be sellers. Though aside from Prince, Braun, and Yo (the current untouchables) I doubt they even have much that would generate interest from other teams. What a wasted year this has become.

what's the deal with McClung keeping his mug in his glove as he walks off the field? Is he cussing his way back to the clubhouse? Is he crying? I can understand doing it on the mound but as he walks off the field?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived