Brewer Fanatic

(Update) Brewers DIDN'T offer Brady Clark for Clint Barmes

AJAY

The only other way this makes sense is if Melvin was just trying to dump Clark or have Barmes in AAA as insurance in case Hardy did get hurt.

If Barmes is insurance, I'm rejecting the policy. I'd rather completely suck with Escobar as the shortstop than completely suck with Barmes. He's not a member of a team that is competitive in my opinion...and I'd rather stop screwing around acting like we're trying to be competitive.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I thought was probably the case,

"Melvin shot down a report in the Denver Post that said he offered outfielder Brady Clark to the Colorado Rockies for shortstop Clint Barmes. As if the Brewers need another infielder.

Barmes is in danger of losing his starting job to rookie Troy Tulowitzki but Melvin said he had no interest in acquiring a shortstop. He said the Rockies did inquire about Clark, who is available after losing the starting center field job last season.

Clark has a $3.8 million salary for 2007 and the newspaper report indicated that the Rockies wanted the Brewers to pay $2 million of that contract to trade him.

"I never talked to them about that," he said."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
You know, I think Clark would fit well with the Cubbies. One year guy, better OBP than last year's leadoff man. Speed is not there, but Pierre, despite the speed, was a rag arm and not that good. He won't strike out a ton, which is something the Cubs said they wanted to cut down on.

Archived