Brewer Fanatic

Haudricourt mentions Brian Bannister as a possible option

I would say Hardy for Homer Bailey and either Lucroy or Salome and another player for Bannister.
I like Bailey. But I would not move Hardy at the moment, I think he'll have more value in the off-season. But for a pitcher like Bailey I would consider it.

I would definitely do the second deal you propose, especially if Solome is the one we trade.

I like Bailey. But I would not move Hardy at the moment, I think he'll have more value in the off-season. But for a pitcher like Bailey I would consider it.

I would definitely do the second deal you propose, especially if Solome is the one we trade.

I just want at least one GOOD pitcher as opposed to Burns and Villanueva.

I really came around on this guy. Too bad we couldn't get it done. If they really wanted a young MLB ready starter and another good prospect, I guess we had no shot. But if they don't have a catching prospect, I'd think we could have added something to a Salome or Lucroy to get it done.

I sincerely hope the Brewers continue to pursue Bannister in the offseason. Unfortunately as much as Royals could use Hardy, teams trading starting pitchers always are going to want at least a mid level pitching prospect or a major league arm back in the deal. Royals might hold out for Villanueva and Hardy as Brewers aren't flush with any level pitching prospects.

I could easily see this expanding into a 5 or 6 player type deal.

I sincerely hope the Brewers continue to pursue Bannister in the offseason. Unfortunately as much as Royals could use Hardy, teams trading starting pitchers always are going to want at least a mid level pitching prospect or a major league arm back in the deal. Royals might hold out for Villanueva and Hardy as Brewers aren't flush with any level pitching prospects.

I could easily see this expanding into a 5 or 6 player type deal.

I would disagree on your assesment that we don't have any level pitching prospects. We have a ton of good prospects that will be in High A, AA, and maybe AAA next year. Those guys certainly hold a ton of value in any potential trade. If the Royals really need a mid level pitching prospect that Brewers certainly have that. At this very moment the only thing the Crew is lacking is upper level major league ready pitching prospects, they don't have any shortage of mid-level.

Archived