Brewer Fanatic

expectations for 2010 of your Milwaukee Brewers

BREWCREW5

Who do you see in a Brewers uniform in 2010?

Who do you not see in a Brewers uniform 2010 that was in one in 2009?

Given the state of the division for next year, what are your expectations going forward?

That it all, thanks.

I'd assume Looper and Hoffman are gone. I'd think JJ gets flipped. Not as sure about Hart. I'm just guessing (obviously) but I'll assume that Yo, Prince, Ryan and Casey will be here in 2010. Soup will likely be back (sorry) and I'd think Bush would still be around...then go from there?

An aside, I am for any 2009 move that helps set the stage for 2010. Cliff Lee could be a start to that.

Brewblue comes into this board swinging! Poor ole DM, I still support you and always will. Best thing that has happened to the Brewers in many many years.

Anyways... in regards to this thread.

C - Angel Salome

1B - Prince Fielder

2B - Rickie Weeks

SS - Alcides Escobar

3B - Mat Gamel

LF - Ryan Braun

CF - Mike Cameron

RF - Corey Hart

Bench - Mike Rivera

Bench - Casey McGehee

Bench - Jody Gerut

Bench - Bill Hall (ugh...)

Bench - FA

SP - Yovanni Gallardo

SP - Dave Bush

SP - Manny Parra

SP - Jeff Suppan

SP - Chris Cody/Tim Dillard

RP - David Riske

RP - Carlos Villanueva

RP - Mitch Stetter

RP - Mark Difelice

RP - RJ Swindle

RP - Tim Dillard/Chris Cody

Closer - FA

Of course those FAs could change based on what Hardy is able to get, but I really see him being traded this offseason.

Community Moderator
Why should Melvin be removed? What should he have done differently? Who should replace him? Besides, the season isn't over yet. What are the other teams in the division doing to get better? Mark DeRosa is the only addition to any of our competition.

I've been holding out hope for a pitching move since the beginning of last season (not a rental), and I'm still doing the same, so I'm unwilling to commit to any sort of predictions until we get to ST and see what we actually have.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

2010 will be a good year for the Brewers assuming they can get a good #1 or #2 pitcher in a trade.

2010 lineup

C Rivera

1B Prince

2B Weeks

3B Gamel

SS Escobar

LF Braun

CF Cameron (unless the Yankees over pay for him)

RF Katin/McGehee

Bench Hall

Bench Corporan

Bench Gerut

Bench McGehee/Katin

Bench Heether

SP Gallardo, Parra, Bush, Hardy/Hart trade, Suppan

RP McClung, Villanueva, Coffey, Stetter, DiFelice, Riske, Cody

2011 could really be a big year though both Hall and Suppan will be coming off the books freeing up some money. That money will probably go towards extending Prince or Gallardo though and probably one free agent or be banked for a mid season acquisitions.

We don't know who will be in a Brewers uniform in 10 days, much less 7 or 8 months.

One thing I didn't expect though, giving up on this season when 2 games back in July.

Why have you given up on this season already? Have some faith brother!

The rotation must change. Somehow, some way, that job needs to get done. No more "free agents don't come here", "we're strapped for cash" or whatever other propaganda excuse management has us believing. Another season of Suppan, Gallardo, Bush, Parra, #5 FA/Looper will not get it done. As a couple of posted before me, I have zero faith in DM to get the rotation up to the ranks of the Cubs, Cardinals, Giants for the start of the 2010 season. God love him, he's done a lot for this franchise to get us this far in that we can be close to winning the division, but perhaps somebody with the actual ability to recruit premiere talent will push us over the top.

My expectations are the same as they are for 2009. A .500 ballclub carried by the offense and the offensive depth at AAA. They'll spend money foolishly where it maybe isn't neccessary on offense (Cameron/Kendall/Hardy) when they have options below 1 million dollars at AAA (Cain,Lucroy,Escobar). Said money could go to overpay a great free agent pitcher, but they won't do that either (see the same ole excuses in the paragraph above). They'll still be stuck with the horrible contracts for the mediocre players they overpaid for instead (Hall, Suppan). They'll overpay for a great free agent closer, because those 50 innings of the hardest outs to get in baseball mean more to them then 200+ innings out of a real ace for innings.

The mentality will be the same, the faces will be relatively the same. I think Counsell will retire. And another middle tier pitcher will be bought.

That said, I'll still look forward to every game and hope against a proven track record that management will do otherwise.

About the same as this year baring any major moves. A mid eighties win team that could get hot and win the division. Almost impossible to make much of a guess until the middle of Spring Training though.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived