Brewer Fanatic

Adam LaRoche traded to Red Sox

Report is Argenis Diaz (AA - SS) and Hunter Strickland (A - P). Doesn't seem that either is having that great of a season, but I'm not sure they could expect to get all that much for LaRoche. His value is pretty low right now.

PTBNL, possibly? I must say, it'll be sad to not see the LaRoche brothers on the same team. Had to figure a Pittsburgh trade was coming, and considering Adam LaRoche was one of the best players on the team, it continues the trend of the Bucs being just a basket from other teams to pick talent from.

EDIT: ESPN.com posts that the Pirates will receive minor league shortstop Argenis Diaz and one other prospect in return. Obviously a move for next season, as Sanchez and Wilson will both be gone.

Diaz supposedly is a defensive whiz, but he's hitting just .253 with a .309/.310/.619 line this season and a .335 BABIP. He's also at 60K/22 BB. Essentially a Jack Wilson clone with less power.

Essentially a Jack Wilson clone with less power.

Awesome. Huntington couldn't lock up Jack Wilson with an extension so he goes out and acquires his non-union, Mexican (okay, Venezuelan) equivalent. Life imitates art.

Not so sure you'll see Adam's playing time decrease. I would assume this move helps them move Youk back to his natural position of 3rd base. LaRoache should be full time starter at 1b with Big Papi the DH. Am i wrong? Like the move for the Redsox even if he does not start it's going give them some pop off the bench.

Last update I saw from the Disabled List Informer blog was that Lowell will need regular time off. Neault even speculated in his post that the BoSox should add a 1B type, so he was spot-on.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I lol'd at this comment:

I will take Garret Jones @ 1b over Prince any day

If I would have been drinking something while reading that comment, it would have gone all over my computer screen. I understand that people are loyal to their teams to a fault, and typically don't care for the players of rivals/opposing teams, but sometimes the homerism is laughable.
Follow me on Twitter

UPDATE 4:48 p.m.: Prince Fielder, on Adam LaRoche sticking around: "Why was he still in uniform? I'd have been gone."
Worth reading the comments...the hatred for the Brewers in Pittsburgh is pretty funny.
Yeah, they really seem to hate the Brewers, Fielder, and (as they call him) Cryin' Ryan Braun
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I mean, I think there's no way what Prince said wasn't somewhat disrespectful (and given the bad blood, most likely intended to be, frankly), but a lot of it is based in truth:

You're playing on a bad team for a directionless franchise in front of nobody--a fanbase that has, rightfully, mostly turned away from this decades-long trainwreck. As a player, I'd have said my tearful goodbyes to "my boys," as LaRoche called them (although I'm wondering what kind of memories he's made with the Pirates turnstile-roster in his 2 1/2 years there, and he'll see Andy at Thanksgiving) and gotten on the first flight to the storied team with two World Series titles in the last five years that's in the pennant chase (and, of course, has my boy Jason Bay on it).

Archived