Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-22 Brewers (Suppan) at Pittsburgh (Maholm) : 11:35 AM CT [Brewers lose, 8-7]

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

situational hitting non-existent that inning. Gotta hold 'em here.

edit: or not. Well, at least they didn't drag it out. Just ripped the band-aid off and said we're leaving Pittsburgh.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Watching on MLB.TV.

I'd love to know the percentage of times Braun is down 0-1 in the count.

Either he watches strike one, as he did here, or makes up his mind he's going to swing no matter what, and lunges and misses.

That was a brutal at-bat.

Tough to win when your starter gives you a performance like Suppan did, but I can't get too hard on him since he's had some solid outings lately when the rest of the rotation's been struggling to last 6 innings.

Disappointing, but far from the end of the world.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Capps acted like his loser team just clinched the pennant. Its obvious these teams dont like one another. They are still a last place team and we are still very very mediocre. Doug has to be out of his mind if he thinks we are one pithcer away from being a legitimate world series contender. We may very well be the 4th best team in our own division.

I bet Braun was trying to get a hit instead of hitting a lazy fly ball to win the game.
I don't doubt that it was a poor AB (I didn't watch the 8th and 9th), but that just doesn't make sense.

This was a clasic reaso why the brewers are not playoff contenders . They Are a 500 ball club at best who continue to leave men on base and play terrible situational Baseball. Your #3 Hitter is supposed to get that run in Braun since his blow up has been nothing but Frustrating. losing 2-3 to the Pirates should make up Melvin Mind and bring back his Scout and open up as sellers and maybe he could add some Young Major League Ready Arms.

Your #3 Hitter is supposed to get that run in Braun since his blow up has been nothing but Frustrating.

Yeah, his 4 RBI today were worthless.

Also, I'm awfully curious what "young MLB ready" pitchers guys like Cam or Kendall would bring in.

I know there's another thread for this, but I think in this division, with this window, a stud pitcher you can control for the next year and a half is a move you have to give strong consideration to, 3-4 road-trip to crummy teams or not.

I am not just upset over the loss today, but let's be realistic.

We played one month of unbelievable baseball. We had a 31 game stretch where we we really good.

Take out that stretch and look at the rest of the season. In the rest of the season we are 20 GAMES BELOW .500!

We are just not that good of a team.

I am not just upset over the loss today, but let's be realistic.

We played one month of unbelievable baseball. We had a 31 game stretch where we we really good.

Take out that stretch and look at the rest of the season. In the rest of the season we are 20 GAMES BELOW .500!

We are just not that good of a team.

How can you just take a third of the season out and point to the remainder as some form of proof about the team as a whole.

I definitely don't think this is a great team, but I do think it's a good team, one that still has what it takes to make a run in this division, and if we can get a stud (for the right price, who we'll control for beyond this year--admittedly this is a long shot), it's worth consideration and may well indeed help to make a difference.

Archived