Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-22 Brewers (Suppan) at Pittsburgh (Maholm) : 11:35 AM CT [Brewers lose, 8-7]

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, it was funny the first time you posted that picture of Suppan after somebody made a "we're going to lose comment" dlk9s. We get it.
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4592/suppanthumbsup.jpg

This picture is funny in response to anything any number of times.

this is a good chance for seth to build confidence. He has an oppurtunity to get a win. Hopefully he pitches and well and he can back up our rotation if bush needs more time.
Confidence isn't McClung's problem when put in the starting rotation it is his pitch count especially the amount of pitches he throws in each inning that keeps him from being a starter. If McClung could keep his number of pitches down per inning he could be a good #5 pitcher.

Wouldn't the pitching being garbage be a reason to trade for pitching? We have hitting depth, let's trade it for good pitching. Is that not a rational thought? Besides, any trades would be to better the team in 2010, when our minor league pitching still wont be ready. Anything that pitching does in 2009 is a bonus. This team should be buying for 2010, in my overly repeated opinion.

this is a good chance for seth to build confidence. He has an oppurtunity to get a win. Hopefully he pitches and well and he can back up our rotation if bush needs more time.
Confidence isn't McClung's problem when put in the starting rotation it is his pitch count especially the amount of pitches he throws in each inning that keeps him from being a starter. If McClung could keep his number of pitches down per inning he could be a good #5 pitcher.

I have to disagree a bit. Aside from 1or 2 last year, McClung has struggled with each oppurtunity to start the brewers have given him. Its reasonable to me, that he is putting a ton of pressure on himself in these spots becuase he wants so badly to be a starter. He's always been wild, and i do agree he needs to put the ball in play more, but he needs to stay within himself and throw the ball hard.

Archived