Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-22 Brewers (Suppan) at Pittsburgh (Maholm) : 11:35 AM CT [Brewers lose, 8-7]

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this team has to be one of the More Frustrating Brewer teams in a while.
I say this every year. And no Brewers team will ever, ever frustrate me the way the 2007 team did, that team tore my heart right out of my chest and stomped on it. But yeah, they're up there, although the writing was on the wall with this pitching staff at the beginning of the year. I'm more frustrated when our bats have gone cold.

That said, call me crazy, but I think we can make up a three-run deficit. No guarantees, but I don't think this one's oevr quite yet.

WOW...that was brutal. 4 homers in 2 1/3, REALLY? There you go Soup! Putting that $42 million dollar arm to work! Yet another 4 inning game for the Brewers bullpen...The offense is just gonna have to pick it up!

I think what some of us are saying is that Roy Halladay is not enough to bring this team to the playoffs. Our starting pitching is in absolute shambles.
Obviously the pros and cons of a Halladay deal are up for a 25+ page debate, I just think it's funny that yet another crummy performance by our starter is prompting these comments.

"Why should we trade for a starter? Our starters stink!"

although the writing was on the wall with this pitching staff at the beginning of the year. I'm more frustrated when our bats have gone cold.

Ya, the pitching is what it is, we knew what we had when the season started. But the offense has been far too streaky and completely vacant, even for an offense we know is streaky when the season started.

WOW...that was brutal. 4 homers in 2 1/3, REALLY? There you go Soup! Putting that $42 million dollar arm to work!
Why do people rip the player for the GM's mistake of overpaying. I mean, if your mediocre at your job and someone comes in and offers to overpay you......... I'm guessing you'll accept.

"Obviously the pros and cons of a Halladay deal are up for a 25+ page debate, I just think it's funny that yet another crummy performance by our starter is prompting these comments.

"Why should we trade for a starter? Our starters stink!"

I understand what you mean. If Doug could find a way to get us Halladay AND Lee or Halladay AND Haren and then I might be more willing to risk the future. I just don't think 1 guy is going to be enough to make a difference right now, so why risk it. Suppan's had a couple of decent starts lately... very frustrating to listen to today.

I have a hard time getting excited about being in a "pennant race" as Brian Anderson loves to say when we are basically a .500 team.

Our division stinks so we are not buried but that doesn't make us a good team.

Even if we get Halladay we are still going to have to run Soup, Looper, and somebody else out there 3 out of every 5 days since Parra will probably be in the deal.

That rotation still isn't good enough and it certainly isn't good enough to mortage the future by trading Escabar and Gamal along with Parra for a year and 2 months of RH.

WOW...that was brutal. 4 homers in 2 1/3, REALLY? There you go Soup! Putting that $42 million dollar arm to work!
Why do people rip the player for the GM's mistake of overpaying. I mean, if your mediocre at your job and someone comes in and offers to overpay you......... I'm guessing you'll accept.
But when you accept a ridiculous amount of money, you must also realize that you are in the limelight and are expected to perform. Yeah, it was management's fault for overpaying in the first place, but it's Soup who's out there throwing the ball, not the GM. Thus, Soup will be the one to face more scrutiny. Maybe I'm childish, I don't know, but I do know that he is paid a lot of money and what is there to show for it? But then again, I'm getting paid to a job right now and I'm not. I'm posting in this forum, so I really have no room to talk

Hopefully Hardy gets benched for awhile he stinks right now and is close to being the worst everyday starter on the team. I'm hoping Hardy gets traded near the deadline and Escobar is given a chance. I would take Counsell every day over Hardy right about now.

Archived