Brewer Fanatic

Time to Re-visit Acquiring Peavy?

And here I was hoping to make a play for Dustin McGowan....again. But seriously, this would be the ideal market for Peavy and it would actually remind me a lot of the summer of the Carlos Lee trade. Both Carlos Lee and Fonzy Soriano were on the block (Peavy/Halladay) and were obviously the cream of the crop. But while the Brewers were able to find an equitable trade, the Nats held out for a bigger haul and ended up with nothing, which is where I think the BJays are going to end up. The Papas would seem to be more willing to trade the YOUNGER, CHEAPER pitcher. I say we become beneficiaries of their kindness.

Players on the DL can only be traded with special approval by MLB, so I don't think that ever happens.
After looking into it further it doesn't matter if he's on the DL, because he is eligible to come off at anytime. All the Padres have to do is take him off the DL and make a trade.

Archived