Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-19 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cincinnati (Cueto) : 12:10 PM CT [Brewers lose, 5-3]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prior to today's 2 Ks, Gamel struck out 40.4% of the time. That's a K rate that makes Russell Branyan and Mark Reynolds look like contact hitters. I don't typically dwell on strikeouts, but that's too much for me.

Darn nice defensive play there though.

Same old song. Seth has been pretty worthless ever since he got those 2 starts.

We just look like a really average team to me. Pitching is bad. Hitting is ok but very streaky. Defense has not been great the past few weeks.

81-85 wins seems about right.

Hopefully Melvin can improve the team in the off season.

The brewers hitting seemed to take the rest of the game off. so after splitting with the Reds does nothing to make me think we are one player from getting over the top. So i am still not sold as being buyers instead of sellers

i am not so sure but Coco did mow them down in the 9th
Great play by Encarnacion

Warning track out

Garbage third strike call

A save is a save is a save of course, all I'm saying is that for 7 pitches, that was the worst I've seen him look against the Crew in a while. Just once I'd like to see them get him, he's probably my least favorite ex-Brewer (well, except for you-know-who).

Lots of small goats to go around today--I know a lot of attention will go to McClung but I'm actually a little more chapped that he was even thrown out there in the 8th to begin with.

Archived