Brewer Fanatic

Time sensitive: Seeking lodging/navigation advice for Pittsburgh (for Tuesday)

hawing

Those of you in last night's rain delay chat noticed that the S.O. and I are in Cleveland for a few days. We're going to Sunday's game to see Russell Branyan, I mean, the CLE-SEA game.

On the way here Saturday, it finally dawned on us that since we're 3/4 of the way to Pittsburgh, and leaving here on Tuesday, why not drive to PIT and catch Tuesday's game with the Brewers. It looks like tickets for the game are not going to be a problem (I'll lay off the blue text there out of respect for the fine facility that is PNC Park), but a downtown hotel room might be. Last time we were in PIT, we stayed at the hotel directly across the Clemente bridge (the one you can see in all the skyline shots), so we didn't have to think much about navigation. Unfortunately, that is one of the wealth of downtown hotels that is booked for Tuesday. [The nearest hotels to PNC that weren't completely booked for Tuesday are the Hilton (which is undergoing construction, got poor reviews on Tripadvisor, and looks pricey to boot) and the Sheraton.]

We're now contemplating staying farther from downtown and driving in to the park. If any of you has done that, is it a huge hassle to get downtown and find a place to park?

I've seen Brewerfan come through with great advice before, so I'm hoping for some help this time. It is, however, time-sensitive. I'd like to get the room booked Sunday night or Monday.

This would be the first time we attend a road Brewers game, so between that and my general fondness for PNC as a ballpark, I'm pumped about the opportunity. Anyway, thanks in advance for any lodging/navigation options you can share.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived