Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-16 Brewers (Looper) at Cincinnati (Bailey) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 9-6]

It's really frustrating to see Looper benefit so much from run support this year, but still being unable to get through 6 innings. Reminds me of the start he had in Florida earlier this year, when he got that huge lead and couldn't get through the 5th to get a win.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

McClung throws a pitch before Macha can take him out. I wonder how Macha, or the team, will handle his insubordination? McClung has no reason to be angry with Macha for trying to pull the plug on his horrible showing.

I really can't wait for Edwin Encarnacion to leave the Reds. I was happy to see Adam Dunn and Javier Valentin leave, but EE seems to be an even bigger pain in the butt.

pebadger's right, this wouldn't be a GAB game if it wasn't interesting until the very end.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I don't know, crewcrazy, but I think I'd have to put Javier Valentin at the top of that list. EE hits the bombs but Valentin always seemed to provide the aggravation factor in that he's find a different method of torment every possible moment. It got to the point where if he came up in a potentially devastating situation, it was game over.

Of course, Hall would do it to the Reds in the past, too, but Valentin's stuff always seemed to come at the end of an improabale win for the Reds.

McClung throws a pitch before Macha can take him out. I wonder how Macha, or the team, will handle his insubordination? McClung has no reason to be angry with Macha for trying to pull the plug on his horrible showing.

I wonder if McClung was po'd since he walked the two guys then Castro came out there and probably said...Seth, we're up by 6 so knock off the 3-2 sliders and start throwing some strikes. So he did and grooves one to Encarnacion who promptly puts it in the second deck. Then he gets yanked. He didn't even look at Macha when he yanked him. Prince had a hilarious look on his face when he saw that...like he was trying not to laugh.

I don't blame Macha either, I'd rather have Coffey & Hoffman go 8/9 in a 3 run game. Too bad it came to that with a 6 run lead in the first game of a 4 game series.

If he grooved a first pitch strike maybe. But he fell behind Encarnacion too. They should have had somebody up when he walked the 1st guy and then pulled him as soon as he threw ball 1 to Encarnacion. If Janish had any power he would have hit it out too.

Archived