Brewer Fanatic

The Rome Braves

I'm not sure what to expect but I figured I'd open a thread and see what you guys know. I'm spending a couple weeks in Calhoun, Georgia, which is 20 miles away from the Rome Braves, the Single A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. I will be checking out a game or two and was wondering if there were any players that are highly rated prospects that I should look at while I'm there. They will be playing against the Asheville Tourists (Colorado Rockies) and the Savannah Sand Gnats (New York Mets). Again, if no one knows anything, that's fine, but I figured I'd give our brilliant minor league minds a shot. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

17-year-old Venezuelan SS Wilmer Flores (#47 Baseball America) and 18-year-old Dominican 3B Jefry Marte are a couple of the Mets' better prospects playing for Savannah.

Your best bet for Rome might be 19-year-old Panamanian Randall Delgado, scheduled to pitch on Saturday.

Also, former Brewer farmhand IF Ryan Barba plays for Rome.

Archived