Brewer Fanatic

Schwartz Show this weekend

Bikeage77

Anyone going this weekend? I'll be going Friday for stimulus day. Not sure if I'll get any autos or just buy stuff. I kinda have a feeling all the tickets will be sold out, but I wouldn't mind getting Jim Palmer, Pete Rose or Johnny Bench. We'll see. Mostly I'll be looking for random Brewers stuff.

I dont really know what to expect, but I think it'll be a good time. Are most dealers prices similar? I dont mind if it's a few dollar difference, but obviously you don't wanna shop around, then go back to something only to find out it's gone.

Finally are there ins and outs? If I have to stick around there for 7 hours, I probably would want to unload stuff in my car without paying for admission more than once. I'd assume there is, but I'd like to know in advance.

Lots of cards and signed stuff, tons of jerseys as well...all and all about 15 bobbleheads scattered, which was a total dissapointment, as that was my M.O. I did find a bunch of signed 8x10s for 5 bucks each, including the late great dock ellis, which got me pretty excited.

I had an epiphany while I was there that I dont need anymore non-brewers/mke braves autographs unless they come for free or super cheap....so I didn't bother getting any players.

Alan Rosen and his briefcase full of cash was also there, and while he probably has the best collection around, the briefcase gimmick brought my friends and i a good amount of comic relief.

He's some guy who buys up lots of cards, that end up being worth millions. Who knows what he did before he collected. I really have no knowledge of him or anything. Apparently he brings the briefcase full of cash to buy whatever you have for sale, with cash. When we got there, he wasn't even set up, he was just sitting there, and behind him was his briefcase, which brought laughs...his table was getting set up as we left....

Archived