Brewer Fanatic

Pedro signs with Phillies, 1 year up to 1.5 mil with incentives.

Teatoe993

Link

Looks like reality finally set in for Pedro and his contract demands. I was hoping the Phillies would pay him a bit more in order to keep them out of trade discussions for an ace. From what I have read, they are pretty strapped financially and don't want to add much more to the payroll. I don't know if this move hurts them enough to drop out of the running for a Halladay or Lee. I doubt it.

You would think if it was only going to take a Mil to sign him, the other 15 or so teams that kicked the tires on him would have made more of an effort to bring him in then just watching him throw. He is washed up and doesnt have anything left in the tank. They stated that he did two throwing sessions a couple days apart, the first one he was hitting 90-91 a couple days later he was only able to top out at 88.

It won't surprise me even a little bit if Parra out performs Pedro from here on out so hard for me to be too upset by this. Lets be realistic for a moment, whatever we do for pitching it has to be better than Parra. We aren't going to replace Suppan, Gallardo, Looper or Bush. That is why I don't want to trade prospects for someone like Doug Davis. Pedro would have been a nice addition simply because we could have used the depth more than anything.

If he's not showing up for workouts for people who are interested in paying him, I have to suspect that he has nothing left and is waiting for someone to gamble without having seen him pitch (no idea if the Phillies had or not).

The Brewers don't need another pitcher to go 5.2 innings and be a burden on the Bullpen. I'm very glad the Brewers didn't sign Pedro.
But he would be different! 4 IP or less per start!
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived