Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-14 All-Star Game : 7:05 PM CT [AL wins, 4-3]

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend is a sports writer, who's dating a sports photographer. She took this picture (which is of Wynn's 80 yard run in the season finale) and I made it my avatar since it was unique. I've just been too lazy to change it. I thought briefly about changing it to an action shot of Bill Hohn after last week, but decided against it:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/images/2008/08/13/thumbs/P17-080813-B1.jpg

Gruber Lawffices

It's not like homefield advantage means that much in the World Series (both leagues have won 3 since the rule was started, even though the AL's won all 6 games), but it'd be nice to just win one freaking All-Star game. I would've rather had Prince hitting in that last real chance to score instead of Howard, but at least he delivered when he was called upon earlier in the game.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Still was a nice All-Star week for the Brewers. Escobar and Lawrie did well in the Futures Game, Prince winning the derby and having the RBI double, and Braun not embarassing himself.

If by some miracle we make it to the WS, not having HFA will be the last thing on my mind, lol.

Well at least with Prince winning the HR Derby and his RBI double he probably secured best performance in an All-Star Game (and week) by a Brewer. Granted, not a high hurdle but at least he made it fun. The only thing I ever remember a Brewer doing well was Lary Sorenson retiring 9 in a row one year (do I have that right? its been awhile). That Prince commercial is awesome too. Good week for the Prince.

It's funny that the NL used to dominate as far as I could remember, until around the time the Brewers moved to the NL.

Archived