Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-14 All-Star Game : 7:05 PM CT [AL wins, 4-3]

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, i too was pretty disappointed by the boos of the President. I was certainly was not a fan of President Bush, but gave him a big ovation when he threw out the first pitch in Milwaukee. Politics aside, hosting the President of the United States in your city is a huge honor.
I probably share a lot of views with you politically (trying to say that delicately), but to be fair, President Bush at least wore a Brewers' jacket when he threw that pitch.

I agree in the end though, the respect for the office should definitely supersede stuff like that. Oh well, not the first or last time a politician will be booed.

I probably share a lot of views with you politically (trying to say that delicately), but to be fair, President Bush at least wore a Brewers' jacket when he threw that pitch. I agree in the end though, the respect for the office should definitely supersede stuff like that. Oh well, not the first or last time a politician will be booed.
Good Point, although it just occured to me President Bush's pitch was to open the stadium and not for the AS Game (i was at both). Maybe the Brewers should be kind enough to send the President a Fielder Jersey in anticipation of our winter visit to the Whitehouse (when we win the WS of course)

Do we think Braunie will get a third AB? would love to have him hit the game winning HR

Do we think Braunie will get a third AB? would love to have him hit the game winning HR
That would leave the D-backs as the only team to never have a homer in an All Star game.

That was the longest Taco Bell commercial I have ever seen.
Yeah, it just wouldn't end, but I thought it was cute. Doesn't make me want to eat a Taco Bell taco though.

Speaking of which, doesn't Taco Bell usually have some kind of free taco promotion at the All-Star game?

Booooo! Oh well.

Man, it's strange to have all the Brewers in an All-Star game done for the night by the 6th

Has anyone done less with more hype attached to them in an All-Star Week than Pujols this year? I guess he had a couple nice looking defensive plays but that error and 0-3 and a milquetoast Derby....

If the NL is serious about winning, I have no problem with trying to get Pujols a 4th AB. Part of me thinks Braun would've gotten a third chance to hit if the NL wasn't taking so long to get through the lineup with so many 3-up, 3-down innings. It's starting to get late, so I can't blame Manuel for trying to get guys like Upton in.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

What the heck? They leave Braun in to play defense and then pinch hit for him

Hawpe was playing RF already, so unless they moved him to LF, he was already out of the game.

Actually, that is what they did.

Archived