Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-14 All-Star Game : 7:05 PM CT [AL wins, 4-3]

Eh, Cardinals fans have beef with the Cubs, not the entire city of Chicago. The booing was probably more political, which is disappointing, regardless of political ideology.

Even though the camera crew botched the taping of the first pitch, it looked like it was good, judging from the mechanics. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif With the fist pump we can only assume he at least didn't bounce it.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could stay to comment more tonight, but I have to mention a few things:

Starting lineups: How long was that Pujols ovation/lovefest? I know Brewers fans gave it up similarly for Big Richie, but Joe Buck wasn't encouraging us to do it.

Boos: Not sure who got more, Braun or the President. I'm afraid I'm not surprised either way.

First pitch: Did they decide not to show the ball being caught in case the President totally missed the plate?

National anthem: I don't even have music training like craigharmann, but I thought the same thing - "did she just change keys?"

Awesome showing by Lincecum and Pujols in the top of the first: I'll say nothing.

Edit: And I still can't believe no Madison station is carrying the radio broadcast of this game. That is disappointing.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

You had to know Obama would come in the booth when Braun was up. This inning has been quite the Obama love fest. I am not sure of the announcers even know what is going on in the game.

I dont know if they even mentioned David Wright when he was batting and when he got his hit.

Why'd it have to be Molina to get those 2 runs in?

Oh well, at least its tied. Fielder up now to pinch hit.

And he gets a double! Nice work Prince! Question is....who comes out, now?

I think he was just in to pinch-hit. With four 1B's, I think his night is over. I can't see them taking Pujols out.

EDIT: Unless you were talking about the pitcher. Nevermind

Gruber Lawffices

Yeah, i too was pretty disappointed by the boos of the President. I was certainly was not a fan of President Bush, but gave him a big ovation when he threw out the first pitch in Milwaukee. Politics aside, hosting the President of the United States in your city is a huge honor.

Solid second inning for the NL. Great to see Prince drive in the go-ahead run. Maybe this puts Hoffman in position to get the save? What other NL closers are on the pitching staff?

Well, Prince showed the FOX audience that he can do more than hit dingers. I'm pleased by that.

Edit: Thanks, uecker9. I keep forgetting about 100.5. I've already got Gameday Audio on, though.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Heath Bell is on the roster as well. He was on Rome today and said he would be "tickled pink" if he got to set up Hoffman one more time.

Anyone else surprised that Bill Hohn is not one of the umpires tonight? There are certainly enough coaches on hand for him to eject. His mustache is certainly All-Star worthy.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/images/official_info/umpires/y2008/3049.jpg

Gruber Lawffices

Archived