Brewer Fanatic

Men's haircuts in Milwaukee...

Baldkin

So, my hair stylist who I used to drive across town for has apparently moved far away, and I'm looking for a new place to get my haircut at in the Milwaukee area, so, of course, I'm coming to BF.net for suggestions.

I live on the Northwest side of town, so anywhere relatively close to there would be awesome.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

hair stylist? Wasn't there a "living the high life" rant about men seeing hair stylists and not barbers? Seriously though, I have no clue where to go. I enjoyed Steve's in Elm Grove (and still do when need a trimming in Wisconsin). But you'd have to ask a female friend if they know of a stylist that does a good job with men's hair.

Yeah, poke fun if you must, but the last time I went to a chain place, I ended up having to go to another place to fix the damage they had done. My hair looked like I'd cut it myself. Without the use of a mirror.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The place at Mayfair is pretty decent. Used to be a T&G. I think it's called Blue or something like that now.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I go to Groom when I cheat on my regular stylist. They are a bit pricey, but there is complimentary beer, magazines (SI, Playboy, etc.) and the stylists are easy on the eyes. They also offer straight razor shaves.

http://www.groomformen.com

Yikes. I'm sure its a cool experience and everything, but I never thought I'd see so much marketing-speak from a barbershop. I felt like I was reading a BOSE catalog.

Jonnt at Rico's Swinging Door on Michigan is awesome. Quality, affordable haircut and the guy can conduct an interesting conversation without asking if you are "going anywhere on vacation this year"!

It's downtown, but there's gotta be a downside somewhere or everyone would go!

You could always do what I did: buy a $20 electric razor and have free haircuts until it breaks.

I tired that. Broke after only a couple uses and it was a pain to do it myself. I just go to great clips and get the #2 all around for $8.99.

You could always do what I did: buy a $20 electric razor and have free haircuts until it breaks.
I've been buzzing my own for about 10 years now. I've got a rechargeable Remington and one of those "Shortcuts" that Ryan Braun promoted last year.

While it's a nice setup for me, I realize many people actually prefer a professional haircut and actually prefer to have hair.

Although I buzz my own, I wouldn't mind getting a real straight razor shave some time.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I'm kind of skeeved out by that Groom website. It feels like you're spending about $15 for the haircut, with the rest of it as a flirting fee.

I am now into Year 8 using a Wahl clipper (level zero), along with shave gel and the Fusion. Once every three weeks or so and I'm set.

hair stylist? Wasn't there a "living the high life" rant about men seeing hair stylists and not barbers? Seriously though, I have no clue where to go. I enjoyed Steve's in Elm Grove (and still do when need a trimming in Wisconsin). But you'd have to ask a female friend if they know of a stylist that does a good job with men's hair.
i went to steve's in elm grove for about 20 years. however, two of their stylists/barbers/hair-cutters left and opened up their own barber shop in brookfield. it's in a plaza near capitol drive and calhoun rd. when i dont have my hair cut at home, i would visit Eileen at "The Barbers"

Clipper set cost about $20, and my wife is the stylist I can flirt with if I desire. She uses the #2 out on the deck, where the wind makes my hair a green additive to the earth.

Sometimes if it's a cold snowy winter, I'll go to the local chain and they'll take care of it because the wife says it's icky out.

I simply go to a barber. I have a mom and pop barbershop here in AZ. They do the straight razor, cut it how you want, and give you the scalp/shoulder massage. I wouldn't go to a national chain unless I knew the barber. But all over the country are the mom and pop type places.

Before I started shaving my head to due lack of hair I went to see Roman at Nick's Barber Shop on Capital between 43 and Oakland in Shorewood. I started going to Roman around 2000 and stayed through 2008. Just your standard issue barber shop and Roman does good work.

Archived