Brewer Fanatic

How about Homer Bailey?

I agree Bailey is the kind of guy that could thrive in the right situation. He's another good example of the kind of pitching the Brewers should be targeting this offseason: young, ready to face MLB hitters, and a buy-low candidate with good upside.
I agree with everything but the buy-low part. The Reds would be foolish to let Bailey go for nothing. It would take at least a Escobar/Gamel/Lawrie to get Bailey.

I don't really know if that's so true. They traded a young Edwin Encarnacion for the dated Scott Rolen. I'm not saying that they're going to be trading him for Jamie Moyer but I also don't know if you can so quickly dismiss that they would be interested in JJ Hardy.

Since Macha is coming back, there's no reason to believe the Brewers will use Mat Gamel. Gamel for Bailey would be a pretty good deal in my eyes. Bailey really has turned a corner. I've seen a couple of his recent starts and he looked good. The numbers back that up.

• 4 weeks later...

The more I think about possible destinations for J.J., I can't get the Reds out of my head. Bailey for Hardy just makes too much sense to actually happen. Bailey did seem to turn the corner at the end of the season so perhaps his stock has risen enough for the Reds to not consider trading him. Right now, he seems to be their version of Parra except on the upswing instead of the downswing so I suppose that makes a difference. Does anybody have any insight from Cincinnati fans on their feelings on Bailey?

Archived