Brewer Fanatic

Whats your soft spot?

jaybird2001wi

Here is my soft spot:

http://jerland.com/shepherds/puppies/09yari-zalynB01.jpg

I don't have one, but I really want to buy one. I never grew up with dogs, only cats, but I like them both. In a perfect world, I would love to have a German Shepherd and a cat. Also, as others have said, I really like babies and small children. I have a lot of fun just watching how happy they are and how much they enjoy even the smallest things in life.

Speaking of movie scenes, in Into The Wild when the old man asks 'Alex' if he could adopt him as a grandson because after he dies there will be no one to carry on his name. That and the grave scene in Forrest Gump are the only two scenes I can think of that will make me tear up.

I love guinea pigs. Had them all the time growing up.
I hate rodents and cats. My brother had a guinea pig when he was younger and it just reminded me of a fluffy rat. It's silly that i'd get nervous holding a guinea pigs, but could let a python wrap around my neck or arm with zero fear.

My soft spot is seeing anything like kids meeting heros of theirs when say in Make a Wish Foundation. Seeing some poor sick or disabled child just tears at my soul.

English Springer Spaniels
Ironically, many people still ask if my 13 year-old English cocker spaniel is a springer puppy. With all his gray hair, it's hard to believe, but he still acts like a puppy outside.

As for a tearjerker, I dare anyone to watch this tribute of a Milwaukee area Marine killed in Iraq and not cry. Braun and Fielder are fine ballplayers and probably nice guys, but Bobby Warns II is a hero. I've seen it dozens of times, and if you can get past the part where his dad salutes his fallen son, you're a better man than I.

Ironically, many people still ask if my 13 year-old English cocker spaniel is a springer puppy. With all his gray hair, it's hard to believe, but he still acts like a puppy outside.

I can absolutely see that.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This movie gets me every time. For anyone who has ever seen an iron man competition, you know how dead tired everyone looks at the very end. Try to imagine what this guy is putting himself through just so his son can experience it with him.

Old Couples.

I love old people in general, but seeing an old couple in church renew their wedding vows for the 50th anniversary - that chokes me up every time.

Any movie that involves one old person watching/caring/loving for another as they die - I always cry. (The movie "Up" choked me up pretty good)

Archived