Brewer Fanatic

Whats your soft spot?

jaybird2001wi

I am a sports-loving kind of guy that typically does not come off as an animal lover or anything but anytime I see a puppy or something I suddenly become a totally different person. I am the exact opposite of being a cat person but anytime I see a kitten or something I get all soft. Any of you guys...or gals... get that same feeling anytime you see animals or anything?

I realized this when I was at my sister-in-law's softball game a few weeks ago when I saw a puppy and paid more attention to it than the actual game. Anyone get that feeling too?

Growing up on and around farms I've always been down with animals, except for pigs... no use for em... ever.

My last live in girlfriend and I decided to get some kittens, over the course of time, I grew to like them more than her, and I was the one who fed them and took care of them so I kept them both when she left. EVERYONE gives me grief about having 2 cats, but honestly, I really don't care. They are well behaved for cats, have decent personalities, and we get along real well. I actually prefer them to dogs now because they are very low maintenance, which works out well for my lifestyle.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Thousands of movie scenes (i.e. the father/son catch scene in 'Field of Dreams') and hundreds of sappy songs (i.e. 'Cats in the cradle').

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Certain movie scenes definitely....I am a bit of a cryer....my wife laughs. I will admit I cried when CC threw the last pitch to get us in the playoffs last year. Basically my entire life has been spent wanting that team to make it to the playoffs and finally it happened. I cried...and then geeked it up really good by taking a bottle of champaign in the back yard and proceeding to "make it rain" on myself and the Mrs...that was fun!

Watching people overcome extreme circumstances always gets me....i.e. Special Olympic events and the such.

i read somewhere that when a man is holding a baby his testosterone levels drop dramatically. maybe it's the same for baby animals, too.

i'll get a little mushy at movies, including Field of Dreams, and often at mushy stories as long as they're not over the top and trying to force it out of you. i think i remember the Chicken Runs At Midnight story getting to me from when Council was with Arizona.

My last live in girlfriend and I decided to get some kittens, over the course of time, I grew to like them more than her

Haha, the way I first read this was that you started loving the cats more than you loved her. Took me a sec to make sense of it... though by now I'd guess that interpretation is true, too.

To stay on-topic... I love dogs, though not all breeds. Puppies have me at "hello"... and I am known to cry at the same kinds of movies & momentous events others are citing.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Daytime TV on the Discovery Times, History, or History International stations are a huge soft spot. I'm a teacher and I get by on that during the summers.

Besides that, I still cry during some movies I've seen 100 times. and Hearing my niece say my name makes me melt. Oh yeah, (and don't make me seem like a criminal for this), but I love it when I see my female students breaking a sweat, being competitive in sports, or showing up to a school dance with no makeup in regular fitting jeans and a shirt. It makes me think "now that's what makes her cool!"

Oh yeah, and getting sappy thankyou cards/gifts from students at the end of the year. It's always kind of sad when a few meaningful boys or girls come up to give me a handshake or hug (respectively) on the last day.

English Springer Spaniels

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/3ef251849391cd568ba19724e438c096e0e4f08.jpghttp://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/41025414229b6d6a8001879357c1a774ec6af44.jpg

Like vaccinator's here http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

My little homey Boo.

So then why did you kill him and toss him on the couch?? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

LOL, I was just gonna take a pic on the camera phone and no joke, he saw it and immediately snapped to that pose.

Archived