Brewer Fanatic

Manny Acta Fired

GB12

If they were going to fire him, why'd they wait this long to do it? I know it's the All Star break and all, but a team should never let their manager hang out in limbo like they did. It's not like it's his fault his team is awful, anyway. They had to turn over the bullpen twice already this season, as I recall.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It's clear that Acta couldn't manage the great team that was built in DC.

Of course, we got rid of Lopez when it was clear we didn't have much talent. It might be a similar situation of showing the fans that you're going to start rebuilding the team correctly.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

It's unfortunate that this happened, but probably expected. This won't be Acta's last chance to manage a big league club. It's not his fault the team is this bad -- they actually have a pretty solid bunch of offensive players, but the pitching has been absolutely atrocious this year. That falls on the GM, and since Bowden already stepped down amid the allegations of his actions in Latin America, that left Acta's neck on the chopping block.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I think Ned would be pretty dumb to take the job. Managers are judged a lot on their results and taking a job with a losing team or a team that isn't expected to win much anytime soon should only be done if you are trying to break into MLB as a manager. On the other hand, the money is much better than sitting around fishing all summer.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Logan, Ned is already being paid for this year. If he were to sign with the Nationals, then I believe it would be like with a player. The Brewers would be able to subtract what the Nats are paying him from their checks to Ned. In the end, he'd make the same money

Yost is believed to be a possible candidate for the job, along with Bobby Valentine, Jim Fregosi, and Terry Pendleton. Yost, Fregosi, and Pendleton all have ties to the Atlanta organization, where Nats president Stan Kasten worked in the past. Acting GM Mike Rizzo has ties to Arizona, which makes Bob Melvin a possibility, too.

Twitter

Could've sworn I typed Jim, but thanks for the catch, TLB. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Perhaps I was just in shock that Yost was legitimately mentioned, although he's been rumored for a job or two in the past year...I remember there being serious speculation about Jack Z looking at him for the Seattle job.

Twitter

Archived