Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-12 Dodgers (Kershaw) at Milwaukee (Gallardo) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 7-4]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First hard hit ball in innings ends up being a double play with Fielder straying too far off first on the lineout. To his credit, Kershaw settled down nicely...it's pretty easy to see now how he's among the league leaders in opponent batting average.

I'm taking solace in the fact that last year's team ended the first half with a pretty crappy series against the Reds, only to go on a huge tear after the break. I'm hoping this year's team responds the same way.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Well, at least they're not going to get skunked. With any luck they can get it to a save situation and make things really interesting since the Dodgers don't have Broxton.

I'll take an RBI double from Hall and a sac fly from Gerut, considering their recent struggles.

Twitter

It makes me sick to my stomach that manny is so good but Seems to put in minimal effort.
Even though Manny looks like he's putting in very little effort, I think behinds the scenes he puts in a lot of effort with his workouts, watching video and batting and fielding practice. I remember them describing this on espn after he got suspended.

I think I remember seeing that now too. It's just amazing to me that he can miss a third of the season, play a couple minor league games and get right back to raking MLB pitching. I may not like him and some of his antics but I would love To have manny on the crew

Yeah, it's probably a safe bet they'll hold Broxton out. He says he can pitch with it (and he did Friday night, apparently), but the Dodgers definitely don't want him pitching at the All-Star Game, and I assume they want to give him another day off today.

I'm personally hoping for a Guillermo Mota 9th. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Twitter

Disappointing end to the first half, but I think we're probably used to that by now, even in recent years. The good news is that they're still within striking distance of the division with some much easier opponents coming up. If the Cubs can beat the Cards again tonight, the Brewers could go into the break tied with the Cards in the loss column.

I think the break will do everyone some good, including Brewerfan. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif A chance for everyone to cool down should make this board a bit more pleasant when the team starts playing again.

Twitter

A chance for everyone to cool down should make this board a bit more pleasant when the team starts playing again.
Yes it will, right up until the first loss/error/awful AB after the break, then it's right back to business as usual on here :p

Well...it was amusing when Ken Macha presented Ryan and Prince with their all-star jerseys before the game, then presented one to Hoffman, only to have it be another Braun jersey, which Trevor promptly turned around.

Then things headed south. It's not that I can't handle losses - got plenty of experience watching those - but when the Brewers are down almost immediately out of the gate, it's disheartening. So I guess I'm glad for a break, and hope it clears the Brewers' heads or whatever is messed up.

Also, happy birthday, davego.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The S.O. commented on the very same thing today, MNoD. Not that we have any answers for you, but you weren't alone in wondering.

In the "things I noticed" department, it looked like Manny (theirs) and Cameron were jawing some after Manny's first hit of the day.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived