Brewer Fanatic

Hall says that he's still the best 3B in the league

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have much problem with it...you kind of expect every player on the team to believe that they belong there, even if fans think they don't. I thought this part did a good job showing that despite the comment about believing he's the best in the league, he knows he has work to do:

Make no mistake: Hall does not see his production as acceptable.

"I have to figure something out," Hall said, his eyes reddening, "some way to fight through that and try to be productive when I do get a chance to play.

"I'm here," he added. "I'm working every day, I'm keeping my mouth shut. I have to find a way to produce when I get in there."

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'd much rather have a guy who says stuff like that, than a guy who says the team sucks, the pitching sucks and the gm sucks.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'd much rather have a guy who says stuff like that, than a guy who says the team sucks, the pitching sucks and the gm sucks.

Who said all that? Because I know from reading Brauns comments many times that your not talking about him. What he really said was the cubs outplayed them in every aspect and he'd like DM to try to make a deal for a pitcher to help out. Which we all want Melvin to do so we must all think Melvin sucks. As for Billy, I have no problem with his comment. Every MLB player should have that kind of confidence in themselves. It's not like he said he needs more pt or should be an all-star. We knows he is struggling and needs to get on track so it's not like he thinks he's playing like the best

So what you're really saying is that you'd rather have Bill Hall over Ryan Braun? Just want to make that clear because I just can't believe what I am reading.

So what you're really saying is that you'd rather have Bill Hall over Ryan Braun? Just want to make that clear because I just can't believe what I am reading.

I think what Erin is saying is he prefers liars over truth-tellers?!? Maybe..No?

Take a $1 million less or so and at least he can go play for someone.
It'd be a lot more than a million less.

Anyway, despite how this will play to a lot of people, I, also, don't have much problem with it, taken in context. It was about belief and confidence, and he indicates that he knows his actual play has been acceptable.

I was more bothered by the excuse-making about playing time and tough pitchers, etc.

I guess I preferred it when he just said he "wants to be good again." The way he's mostly been playing the last year and a half it's going to be hard for him to say anything that won't get someone upset or incredulous with him.

Archived