Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-11 Dodgers (Weaver) at Brewers (Burns) : 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-3]

hawing
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey if you guys all like Burns fine. Do you want him to stay in the rotation over Bush after the break?
Given that he's here in an emergency role, he has generally met my expectations, and occasionally exceeded them.

After last night, I'm not sure I want to see the bullpen in the mid-5th.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't think anyone wants to see Burns in the rotation long-term. I think what others were getting at is that he's been serviceable as a spot starter, with only one really ugly outing. He hasn't been lighting the world on fire, but with the exception of the Cubs game, he hasn't been guaranteeing the Brewers a loss, either.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

If Burns gives us 6 innings and allows only 3 runs, I've got no problem with him pitching every 5th day.

Edit-Granted, tonight it was only 5 innings.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Hey if you guys all like Burns fine. Do you want him to stay in the rotation over Bush after the break?
I think Mike Burns would be a solid long man out of the pen. Then again, maybe those types of guys are all AAAA players in your opinion as many of them have their warts.

I think Burns should publish an apology in the Journal-Sentinel for giving up three runs in an inning after four shutout innings.
That seems a little condescending toward me on that comment.

"I think Burns should publish an apology to BrewCrewIn2004 for giving up three runs..."

...would have been a comment worth hen pecking over. as it stands it is benign and comical. Lighten up.

Jeez, I said I made the comment out of frustration. And now I'm just getting ripped from multiple people.
Don't sweat it BrewCrew! It for reasons such as this that many people don't participate in the IGT anymore...

Archived