Brewer Fanatic

Who would you like to see in a home run derby?

nate82

I would love to see a home run derby of these ten players:

1. Babe Ruth

2. Adam Dunn

3. Russel Branyan

4. Jeromy Burnitz

5. Ryan Howard

6. Prince Fielder

7. Ken Griffey Jr.

8. Cecil Fielder

9. Rob Deer

10. Josh Hamilton

Who would win that HR Derby?

I could go for metal bats.

16 year old Bryce Harper hit multiple 500 ft home runs with a metal bat at Tropicana Field in a High School home run derby. I think this would be a bit overboard.

Hank Aaron maybe?

Here's a clip of Aaron in a home run derby.

I'm glad I found these clips again. I remember watching reruns of the show as a kid in the late 80s.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Community Moderator
Sammy Sosa managed to get 2 balls over the LF bleachers during the 2002 HR derby. They were caught by people on the sidewalk outside the stadium. One of them came in at 520 ft. He had a total of 4 HR over 500 feet out of his 12 total HR. Prince hit one 470 ft to right-center in 2005 that hit the road runner sign. It would have easily gone out of the ballpark and probably cleared the sidewalk if the sign wasn't in the way. As for the derby, Russell would have been awesome but it's great that Nelson Cruz got in. The Fielder/Howard/Pujols lineup is going to be great as well.

Sammy Sosa managed to get 2 balls over the LF bleachers during the 2002 HR derby. They were caught by people on the sidewalk outside the stadium.
Were the side panels open? I wasn't at the HRD (gave up my ticket for the S.O.'s nephew) and remember watching from my air conditioned living room as it stormed like mad in Milwaukee.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I was going to say Counsell and Kendall.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Hank Aaron maybe?

Here's a clip of Aaron in a home run derby.

I'm glad I found these clips again. I remember watching reruns of the show as a kid in the late 80s.

Watching that is hilarious. They pop up 50% of the pitches, and they go up there acting like it's an at-bat in a real game. Duke Snyder just swings and misses at BP pitches.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived