Brewer Fanatic

Top 5 most annoying radio commercials

milwaukeesportsfan
I enjoy listening to Bob & Brian in the morning, and listen online because I don't get good reception in my home office. Anyway, I'm so tired of the commercials for a company called CRN where they try to make it sound like it's an official government program for selling forclosed houses. "I repeat, this is a public announcement." They also say something like "People whose last names start with the letter A-M can call today, listeners with N-Z may call tomorrow starting at 9 AM." I wonder how many people they manage to sucker in with that one.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I love the similar TV commercials "attention: the public is entitled to buy foreclosed homes and cars...police and IRS seizures...cars for as little as $500...homes for just $199 a month...for listings in your area...". Anybody know what I'm talking about? The same commercial has been on since about '95, which is why the cars they show are all early-90's pieces of crap. Who's gonna be impressed with this commercial? "Wow, honey, we need to call these guys: they can get us a '91 Olds Cutlass Sierra for $500!".

I don't dislike the Gordon Hinckley one for Church and Chapel Funeral Home, but I wonder why it's necessary for them to offer a disclaimer that he's not a licensed Funeral Director, but a paid spokesman.

Honestly, I think every WTMJ testimonial sucks. Every time I hear one, I feel like my intelligence is being insulted.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The George Webb's eggs and hashbrowns commercial they play on WSSP 3 times an hour. I hate the "maybe that's just me" part at the end when the guy wants to eat there. Worst way to end any commerical, and there's tons of em that do it. Uecker does something similar for Usinger's, Bill Schroeder does something liek that for the Good Feet Store. Blech. Not funny.

Fair or not, I'll never be able to take chef Jerry Garcia seriously again. Ever.

I'm cooking alot more lately and I'm absorbing as much culinary info as I can, but I stopped taking Jerry Garcia seriously when he suggested escargot and lobster for tailgating or when hes suggested to try "making" brats on the grill. Thanks Jerry, I didnt realize you could put brats on the grill and put them on a bun and serve with my favorite condiments. I had no idea. Sorry for the threadjack/venting....Jerry Garcia irks me.

I don't like ads for strip clubs. Not sure if any are airing in Milwaukee, but I've heard them on sports talk radio elsewhere.

I don't mind them personally, but when they are played when teenagers and younger are listening to the radio, I question that call. How people can play those ads and then wonder why kids are doing adult things earlier and earlier is beyond me

I don't dislike the Gordon Hinckley one for Church and Chapel Funeral Home, but I wonder why it's necessary for them to offer a disclaimer that he's not a licensed Funeral Director, but a paid spokesman.

Honestly, I think every WTMJ testimonial sucks. Every time I hear one, I feel like my intelligence is being insulted.

I always wondered about those. It's been a few years since I worked in radio so I don't really remember the rules...do the announcers get free services from the companies they endorse, or is that against FCC regulations? I just find it hard to believe Jeff Wagner happens to purchase all these different home improvement services, or Bill Michaels bought a Kinetico water unit, and then those companies just happened to buy air time...
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

They also say something like "People whose last names start with the letter A-M can call today, listeners with N-Z may call tomorrow starting at 9 AM." I wonder how many people they manage to sucker in with that one.

I hate deceptive ads too. Like there is some guy in Idaho named Nick N. Nicholson who yells out, "Dang it. I have to wait until tomorrow to call." In Madison, there is a new fitness/nutrition store called Complete Nutrition. They run 2 separate ads on a regular basis. The first ad is for a muscle building product. At the end of that commercial, they have a disclaimer, "If you gain 20 pounds of muscle in the first 3 weeks, see your sales associate about adjusting your dose." The second product is a weight loss product. That disclaimer is, "If you lose more than 7 pounds in the first week, please discontinue use." Of course they don't promise that their product will actually give you those results, but the ad makes it sound like it.

There are way too many get out of debt commercials on the sports radio stations in Madison (and IIRC, Milwaukee is the same). There is even one that starts out, "There are a lot of commercials where you hear of people getting out of debt." Those, and the Fat Jack commercials during football season.

There's an annoying one for a law firm on WSSP where Sparky (I think) talks about how "Kids deserve to have both parents in their lives", but somewhere in the same ad says, "Maybe you think you're paying too much in child support." That one makes me laugh for some reason.

Tres locos man sucks!

Three margaritas away from a perfect day!

...Four margaritas away from a .08. Five margaritas away from slapping your wife in the face. Six margaritas away from falling asleep and forgetting to take your kid to baseball practice. Seven margaritas away putting your fist through a window...the possibilities are endless.

In the GB market:

- We are also subjected to Richard Kessler about 4 times an hour.

- Ever heard of "Ultra 90"? If you have, you know what I'm talking about.

- PSA's telling you that "in today's current economic environment, crime is on the rise" and that if you see a crime in progress, you should report it. There is a guy in the background yelling "Snitches get stitches! Narc! Five-O!" Another one tells us that we should avoid suspicious looking groups walking our way, and not be afraid to cross the street to avoid a "pack robbery." Another tells us that we should avoid abandoned houses because they are safe-havens for drug dealers. Well, no crap. Who drives/walks by an abandoned house and thinks, "Hey, this looks like a cool place to kill some time! What could possibly go wrong?"

As far as TV commercials go, has anyone else repeatedly seen the PSA against drunk driving where the guy keeps getting blood on his hands? Obviously it's a very serious issue, but I think it's a little over the top with the "You'll never be able to wash the blood from your hands."

Gruber Lawffices

Haven't seen the "Blood on your hands" spot, but the one with the yuppie looking couple getting pulled over, and the guy "failing the field sobriety test" that got played ad nauseum recently was pretty annoying.

Along the same vein, the radio PSA with the couple that gets in a car wreck where the guy seems to die at the end of the ad grates on me. Do they think people really want to hear that during a baseball game?

Along the same vein, the radio PSA with the couple that gets in a car wreck where the guy seems to die at the end of the ad grates on me.
Oh, yeah, poor Josh. The problem I have with that PSA is that one of my colleagues is married to a Josh, and every time I hear the ad, I imagine them being in the crash.

"Someone will come. Right?........Josh?"

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

A new annoying one is the McDonald's/Packers tie-in commercial about their Angus burgers. They also use the audio from the same radio commercial as a television spot. Anyway, the Packer guy sings a song with his accordian professing his love for the new Angus burger. He also mentions painting his body Green and Yellow. Really, green and yellow? Green and yellow? Maybe Mcdonald's should have done about 2 minutes of research and figured out their team colors are green and gold.

FWIW, I'll take Hardee's mushroom n' swiss angus thickburger over McDonald's dry angus burger any day.

I nominate those I-net commercials with all the "meow"s.

I assume they are referencing a competitor, but I can not think of who they are making fun of. Any ideas?

I hate any add for a lawyer that will get you out of a DUI. "Anyone can make a mistake." You should just thank your stars it's not a felony in Wisconsin.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived