Brewer Fanatic

Top 5 most annoying radio commercials

milwaukeesportsfan

I was listening to the radio today, and it got me to thinking. I really hate radio commercials. Here are my top five most annoying radio commercials, in order from kind of annoying to fingernails on a chalkboard annoying...

5. The funeral home commercial on AM 920. Kind of obscure, but still annoying.

4. Verizon Wireless, the one where the girl asks the guy in the end, "True story?"

3. Old Style. How many time do they need to say the word "Krausened" in one commercial?

2. Kessler's Diamonds. Any one. They're all annoying.

1. PC Pro Schools. "Hey, this is Justin..." Who cares?

I assume this is a national PSA, but one they play out here is one encouraging parents to encourage learning with a woman singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," to her young daughter with lyrics like"...you're a ball of gas that's very far, 34 light years in the sky, ten parsecs which is really high! " Absolutely grating.

There's also a series of spots for AM-PM stores with this smarmy guy who we're supposed to think is cool telling stupid stories about AM-PM, but all I want to do is punch him in the face.

I listen to sports talk radio all day at work, so I hear more than my fair share of annoying spots.

I'm convinced that Richard Kessler is the biggest jerk in the world, and I'll never shop at his store.

Also, any Miller radio commercial that is supposed to match up with their TV ads, but the voices are completely different, and they always overexplain the joke.

I'm convinced that Richard Kessler is the biggest jerk in the world, and I'll never shop at his store.
http://www.kesslersdiamonds.com/images/swap/shh_rk.png

I think this is him. I am in agreement with Diskono. Fortunately, I'm not much into jewelry, so staying out of Kessler's all my life should not be too difficult.

And yeah, that science-y "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" thing is a national PSA, as it has aired in Madison too.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Kessler's ads are gross.

The one that gets me to automatically change the dial is the 1250 WSSP homemade commercial for Derzon & Menard.

A bad actor trying to do an over the top "Redneck" character.

It's so awful.

My open letter to Richard Kessler:

Mr. Kessler,

First of all, I want you to know that I am a peaceful, non-violent, God fearing man. However, your commercials give me the urge to punch you in the neck. You come off as the most arrogant and condescending individual on the planet. Of course I would never act on my urges, but I would just like you to know that you bring out the worst in me.

Sincerely,

Tracy Thom

Deerfield, WI

--I'm still wondering if I should actually write this out and send it. Turn that into a radio commercial, Richard.

I don't dislike the Gordon Hinckley one for Church and Chapel Funeral Home, but I wonder why it's necessary for them to offer a disclaimer that he's not a licensed Funeral Director, but a paid spokesman.

No kidding. The guy was on the radio for 100 years, and is a Hall of Fame broadcaster.

And while Richard Kessler seems to have struck many nerves among the group, I don't really think he's all that bad.

I don't like ads for strip clubs. Not sure if any are airing in Milwaukee, but I've heard them on sports talk radio elsewhere.

Along that same line, the ads for Super Video get kind of annoying with their weird psychedelic music (or whatever it is). Also, one I hear on internet radio a lot..."Internet Speedway", it's one of those "make money from home doing nothing while your computer works for you!" type ads, telling you to send for a "free CD with free information", but what makes it more annoying is they have this fake DJ that is supposed to sound like an actual radio jockey just talking off the cuff about it. Lame.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Ever-Cleanse weight-loss pills might be the worst one I hear twenty times a day the more I think of it. How could I forget the phrase "trapped to the colon walls like spackle or paste"?

And while they don't have spots for "adult" clubs/stores here, there's one for a "male enhancement" product that they play all the time that makes me not want to hear the words "thickness and width" for a long time.

I actually bought my wedding ring and my wife's engagment ring from Kesslers in Appleton. I loved the place, the people were rather "unique" but they sure knew what they were talking about.

I very rarely listen to the radio anymore, when I am in the car I either change the channel if their is a commerical on or I am listening to a CD.

If you wanted to start a terrible TV commercial thread, then I would be all over that. I think Jerry Garcia would be near the top of the list.

If you wanted to start a terrible TV commercial thread, then I would be all over that. I think Jerry Garcia would be near the top of the list.
But those are so informative! "Hey guys this is chef Jerry Garcia today we're going to make some delicious PIGGLY WIGGLY bratwurst first we fire up the grill and then put the brats on the grill. Let it sit a few minutes and then MMMMM we have some delicioius PIGGLY WIGGLY bratwurst!"

I swear Bill Schroeder did some grilling promos a few years ago from the exact same kitchen/deck. I'm convinced that they're actually at Bill's house.

I have XM and very rarely listen to local radio, with the exception of Brewer games. The one they always play during the games that I find very annoying is the Jockey commercial with where they keep saying "Mesh".

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The one they always play during the games that I find very annoying is the Jockey commercial with where they keep saying "Mesh".

"mesh is the new mesh" is my favorite line from a commercial in some time.

Also I have no venom for Kessler's, seems fairly dismissable to me.

The worst has been mentioned and that is the dumb guy and "Bernard" the personal injury lawyer. Absolutely the WORST series of commercials ever. I think they even had dumb guy wife for a while. O man that was horrid.

Archived