Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-09 Cardinals (Pineiro) at Milwaukee (Parra) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

Pujols jack here to really rub it in?
I imagine the red-t-shirt "classy" crowd wouldn't mind.

(though I have to admit, the STL visitors last night didn't seem numerous or in our faces, even when the game was going their way)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I. Hate. This. Team.

I've watched the Brewers for over 20 years. This is the most frustrating team I've seen. The offense shows up once a freaking week. If you're lucky one of the 5 starters will go past 6 innings. And, the bullpen, while good for the most part, picks the most inopportune time to blow up. And it's not just a funk, the team has stunk for 2 months now.

This is supposed to be fun, right? I feel like the villian in a flipping kung fu movie. I take two chops to the head and a kick to the nads and I get up for more.

Good thing I'm going up north this weekend, I need a break from these clowns.

There is no way that is true. No way. I've sat through just as many years and all those losing seasons and this statement baffles me.

Do you suppose it's too much to ask that the Brewers at least put 90 pitches on Pineiro's arm today? (he's at 85 going into B-9th)

Edit: at least Rivera got him to 90. Aim for 100 now. You can do it!?!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

There is no way that is true. No way. I've sat through just as many years and all those losing seasons and this statement baffles me.
At least you knew those teams stunk! There were no expectations. And this group is clearly capable of playing good baseball. For some reason they're just not doing it. That's why they frustrate me so much.

Just take a break from the team until after the all-star game. Then we finally get a big long easy stretch of schedule and we'll likely catch up with the Cardinals who have already had one of the easiest schedules in baseball so far this season and are looking at the rough part of theirs coming up.

I hate this type of game. For whatever reason, our guys can't seem to get hits against "strike-throwers". These are the Nick Blackburns and Joel Pinieros of the world who have average to slightly above average stuff and just throw a lot of strikes. The Brewers of current can't hit it.

Well, between the way they lost--handcuffed offense and late bullpen implosion wastes a terrific deep start and leads to a dusting--the two game swing in the standings, and frankly, who they lost to, this was pretty much the worst loss of the season for me.

Plus I was pretty useless at work while it was going on.

Did I mention I hate day games?

Well Pineiro tossed a 3 hit shutout to the Mets a couple of starts ago.

So, at least we're one run better than the Mets.

:|

Unfortunately the Mets have about a dozen guys on the DL including Beltran, Reyes, and Delgado

Your optimism is appreciated, though http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Verified Member
I didn't have too much problem with CV. He's only in there for 2 batters and I guess the thought is how much damage can he do?

With a one run lead, 2 batters can do more than plenty of damage.

Well, at least Parra gave us some hope today with one of the best starts of his career. I'm sure those who weren't able to follow this game will look at the score and think that Parra must've given up 5 runs again, but at least that wasn't the case. I can't really fault Macha for going to CV/Stetter in the 8th...Schroeder said something about Villa not allowing a run in his past 4 appearances, and it looked like he was about to turn it around again lately. Coffey probably shouldn't have had to pitch, but it ended up not mattering much, anyway.

Got get 'em against the Dodgers. At least LA has to play a game in New York tonight and will probably be getting into Milwaukee late. It would've been nice to take 2 of 3 and even up the division race, but only losing one game on the Cards in this series won't be the end of the world. Looper's been pitching fairly well as of late and the Brewers have one more start from Yo before the break...I'd like to think they'll get at least one from the Dodgers.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Well, between the way they lost--handcuffed offense and late bullpen implosion wastes a terrific deep start and leads to a dusting--the two game swing in the standings, and frankly, who they lost to, this was pretty much the worst loss of the season for me.

Plus I was pretty useless at work while it was going on.

Did I mention I hate day games?

Plus a loss like this really dampens my burgeoning Halladay-fever, for a variety of reasons.

Only way this could be worse is if there's some scene with the press in the clubhouse afterwards--and these days it seems entirely a possibility.

Well Pineiro tossed a 3 hit shutout to the Mets a couple of starts ago.

So, at least we're one run better than the Mets.

:|

Unfortunately the Mets have about a dozen guys on the DL including Beltran, Reyes, and Delgado

Your optimism is appreciated, though http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ya, the statement wasn't optimistic as you may have believed. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Community Moderator

If this is the most frustrating team in the last 20 years, then your expectations are too high.

The 2007 team was very frustrating. There was also a year in the late 90's when the Brewers also had a huge offense but no pitching. I remember keeping track on the number of 6+ run leads that they blew that year. This year, they seem to either pull an exciting comeback or just not show up at all. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I was just waiting for the Cardinals to break out today and I wasn't really surprised when it happened.

No doubt Ennder, we haven't played the Padres or the Nats yet. Plus we have some Pirates games coming up.

To show people just how much easier it gets here are the series coming up.

Reds

Pirates

Braves

Natinals

Padres

Dodgers

Astros

Padres

Astros

Pirates

Natinals

Reds

Pirates

10 out of 12 series against sub .500 teams with over half of them against the worst teams in the NL.

If we don't somehow make a move during that stretch we have September which is almost all games against other wild card teams so we can always just hope to get hot and push into the playoffs that way. There isn't much reason to give up on this team before the end of the year and certainly not now.

I didn't have too much problem with CV. He's only in there for 2 batters and I guess the thought is how much damage can he do?

They can and did but if you're going to assume the worst case scenario no move is good. Coffey wasn't a good option and there was a pretty persuasive showing above that DeFilice wasn't a measurably better option either so I'm still OK with it.

Verified Member

They can and did but if you're going to assume the worst case scenario no move is good. Coffey wasn't a good option and there was a pretty persuasive showing above that DeFilice wasn't a measurably better option either so I'm still OK with it.

I guess I'm still baffled that it wasn't DiFelice. There were 2 RH hitters due up. He has pitched one whole inning in the past week. Is he so much only a RH option, that he can't come in even when there's the threat of a LH hitter to pinch-hit? I guess if he was being saved for Pujols, after Stetter came in for the LH, I could understand. But it was Coffey, so why didn't it start out Coffey. As you can see, I'm a bit confused. Usually in a one-run game in the 9th, the best pitcher not named Hoffman would be your answer. And DiFelice, Stetter, and Coffey are all better than Villanueva right now.

It was more than 20 years ago, but 1983 was one heckuva let down late in the year.

I guess it could be one of the more frustrating teams since save for the last couple years, I haven't really had any expectations since Molitor left.

87' was a bit frustrating as well. Start out 13-0, then lose 12 in a row in May.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived