Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-09 Cardinals (Pineiro) at Milwaukee (Parra) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

Well, get someone on to lead off the bottom half of the 8th and hope you can get at least a couple. Piniero's been very good at keeping the ball low, though, so it'll be tough...even Cameron's RBI single was a screaming grounder.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have had a problem with Macha's bullpen decisions from day one this year. I anticipated this was going to be a loss as soon as Villanueva came in. I just don't understand why he doesn't put Difelice in these higher leverage situations when Coffey is not available.
Because DeFelice is simply terrible against lefties. Just awful. Cards have a bench loaded with lefties who LaRussa would have ran out there.

From the "How Appropriate" Department:

My baby took a monstrous dump during the Stetter walk.

That's not the "How Appropriate" Department. It's from the "More Than I Wanted To Know" Department.

Would it be ok for Parra to shove CV, Stetter and Coffey?

Would it be ok for Parra to tell the press after the game how much pressure it puts on the pitching staff when the offense only scores one run?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Ugh..... I try to avoid the knee jerk reactions, but with 3 very solid outings from pitchers in the past week or so all resulting in a loss...... maybe this team does need a hitter more than a pitcher, I know they are streaky with the way the team is built, but they've got to find a way to get some runs across and win those games.

On the plus side, great to see Parra bounce back, hopefully he can string together a few good starts.

They should just forfeit the rest of the game and start praying for a win against the Dodgers. I can't wait to be there tomorrow for Mike Burns vs. the Dodgers. Should be a good one.

I meant Saturday. I will be there for both. Looper vs. Billingsley should be just as much fun.

I. Hate. This. Team.

I've watched the Brewers for over 20 years. This is the most frustrating team I've seen. The offense shows up once a freaking week. If you're lucky one of the 5 starters will go past 6 innings. And, the bullpen, while good for the most part, picks the most inopportune time to blow up. And it's not just a funk, the team has stunk for 2 months now.

This is supposed to be fun, right? I feel like the villian in a flipping kung fu movie. I take two chops to the head and a kick to the nads and I get up for more.

Good thing I'm going up north this weekend, I need a break from these clowns.

Sarge, Difelice's stats aren't that bad against lefties. Ironically, CV's stats against righties are.

Anyway, getting bombed in the eighth to waste a very good pitching performance really sucks.

CV v. RH .730 OPS

DiFelice v. LH .914 OPS

taking a break from this team during the Cubs series wasn't enough. I'm dissappointed in myself for coming back so early to watch this series. Time for another break. I'm sick of feeling like I got punched in the "you know where" from watching this circus act.

Good grief...I go to a meeting for 45 minutes, then I come back and the whole world imploded on them...ugh. I can't say I'd have done any different on CV & Stetter. They are both usually pretty good matchups against the Cards.

The way they have been struggling, just taking 1/3 with a good start from Manny isn't a disaster. If we can take at least 1/3 from the Dodgers we'll be ok. The starting pitching could look a whole lot different in a week if Manny & Bush become decent 2/3 starters. At some point, someone not named Braun, Prince or Casey needs to get hot.

Pineiro's been solid like this all season (3.39 ERA, only 12 walks in 106 innings), so it doesn't really surprise me to see the Brewers struggle to hit much more than ground balls against him. You have to go back to May to find a start where he gave up more than 3 earned runs. One run isn't going to cut it very often, so I agree that it would've been nice for the Brewers to do more, but I think it's just one of those games where the opposing pitcher was more "good" than the batters were "bad."

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived