Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-09 Cardinals (Pineiro) at Milwaukee (Parra) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manny deserves every part of that standing ovation he's getting. Incredible performance for him...if he can continue to pitch well I imagine some of the starting pitching worries will start to subside. It'd be unrealistic to expect 7 shutout innings every time out, but this was definitely a promising start.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

What a game by Parra. This one would qualify as a great outing for any pitcher in baseball, let alone one just back from the minors because he was sucking.

For those of you watching (or there), how was the crowd when Parra walked off at the end of inning?

Incredible start from Manny. One of the most impressive outings from any Brewers starter this season, seriously. Especially considering the miserable run support - though a lot of credit to Piniero, not just knocking the offense.

Rolen's been getting normal days off every now and then to stay healthy / productive

That's what I figured. I hope somehow Manny has now turned it around, but I'm going to remain skeptical for another outing or 2.

For those of you watching (or there), how was the crowd when Parra walked off at the end of inning?
Huge reaction when he struck out Piniero to end the inning, followed by a standing ovation. Great to see the crowd back on his side, considering how his last start (the ugly game against the White Sox) ended.

Twitter

Piniero is looking at a CG, 85 pitch loss if this continues

Jeez, I hope. He's looking tough--at least Prince increased his count a bit there.

Let's go, 'pen. Since the offense doesn't seem to be doing too much these days we need the lockdown.

Ugh...I hate Brenden Ryan and his stupid striped socks.

For those watching on Gameday, LaRussa sent the runner on a hit and run, Ryan hit one to the left center gap, the ball took an odd bounce off the bottom of the wall and rolled away from Cameron, allowing Ryan to get into third.

Twitter

I can't defend Villanueva anymore. He's just not the pitcher he once was.

This is going to be a tough loss. I know you're not going to win many games scoring 1 run but this is just very deflating and it really sucks to waste such good starts from Parra (and Suppan) lately.

Archived